thinking about turboing my B18

90integrascream

im thinking about turboing my integra, it has a brand new head on it. i found an ebay turbo kit for about 600.00 should I? and can it be reliable.. im new to this. but ready to turbo.... please help?

Joshmmc

This same thread is made every couple days, but I may as well tell you the same thing that all the other threads say.

eBay turbo kits are very hit and miss. Some people will tell you of experiences where a kit runs hard for two years straight without a major problem. Generally however, you get what you pay for. By purchasing a cheap kit, you're always at chance of problems down the road. Fitment issues, reliability, etc. It's your call. It can be one of those things where it's such a poor kit, that you'll end up buying all new stuff fairly quickly, doing it properly, and then wishing you never tried cheaping out in the beginning.

A good tune is especially important, and plays a huge role in how the kit will perform for you.

Perform a compression and leakdown test before boosting to make sure the engine is running strong enough to hold it.

Obviously don't push limits if you can't afford to rebuild/replace stuff. An eBay kit will most likely be more susceptible to damage.

Good-luck with the build, however you go about it.

Last edited:

corona88

Peice together your turbo, its not hard at all and if you buy one piece at a time it doesnt hurt your wallet as bad. Like stated above a great tune is very important so dont get the guy down the street to do it thinking he knows how. Because you could blow your engine quickly, also what are your goals power wise?