one thing after another.

jugglost

ok, ive been tryin to get this damn car goin good again, but as soon as i fix one thing, it get more crap. i was takin the wife to work when the check engine light came on. i ran the SCC check and it came back as a 43, a fuel systems code. now im not sure if this has something maybe a bad pump or an o2 sensor not reading the mix correctly or what. i did change my valve cover gasket yesterday and while i was changin it the blow off hose got ripped off for old age because it was stuck. would this cause a code 43?

j13

Keep It Clean
What's a blow off hose?

Google search that code and you'll learn more about it.

Rich-PMS

Welcome to owning a car that's almost 20 years old- things wear with age.

I would defintely google the code and see what others say

jugglost

yea, tell me about it. that car is damn older than most of the ppl i work wit. lol. but the hose i was talkin about is the hose that comes off the top of the valve cover that runs into the air intake. i was told that it wasnt that big of a beal and it was just a blow off hose.

Goonmonster88

same issue

ive got the same issue when i checked into it my o2 sensor wire was cut somehow. (still havent fixed it )
does your car back fire sometimes and does the light come on right away or after awile

jugglost

ive got the same issue when i checked into it my o2 sensor wire was cut somehow. (still havent fixed it )
does your car back fire sometimes and does the light come on right away or after awile
yea. it pops on , but when i turn the car off, it stays off until i hit high rpms like goin up hills (almost always pops on on hills). i think i might put this project on hold for a bit. i wanna get the motor problems taken care of so i can get to fun parts of the build, but this is gettin really frustrating. now i have the smell of burning coolant here and there. the tanks being drained from somewhere. i dont have any smoke coming out of the pipe, so i dont think its a blown head. there would be smoking all the time. this is only when i turn the engine off and its only from the hood area, so i think its just a leak hittin the motor somewhere. i dont know. i think i might just trade it in for a dealer owned DA. i love this car, but shes not giving anything back in this relationship. lol.

j13

Keep It Clean
Sounds like you're having problems with the Distributor.

but the hose i was talkin about is the hose that comes off the top of the valve cover that runs into the air intake. i was told that it wasnt that big of a beal and it was just a blow off hose.
Its called a PVC Valve. It releaves the gasses that are inside the crank-case and reburns it, by going into the IM.

Did you google your code and find what it is?

j13

Keep It Clean
Oh and if your car has a B18A1 it doesn't have a PVC Valve...only OBD2 B18B1's have PVC..its an updated engine with better flow and more shitty emissions gadgets.

Weird.

jugglost

its a blow by, not a blow off. shes givin me alot of issues so i think im just gonna park for a bit and work on some interior stuff. bought her cheap, stock everything, including radio. there was very little maintenance done, but the motor still ran strong so i thought id just do a rebuild anyway. feelin a little over my head, but im gonna conquer this beast yet.

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
mine's getting to that point too..not anything serious but it's my daily. so I need to upgrade to something newer, and get another teg as a project later on...

jugglost

mine's getting to that point too..not anything serious but it's my daily. so I need to upgrade to something newer, and get another teg as a project later on...
yea, it gets to be a pain in the ass, but im still eager to build as this is my first build. it'll be easier once my tools get here and i can stop borrowing from friends, but until then i think im just gonna leave her parked til i can pull her apart all i want, when i want.