Its one thing after another

built_ls

My car Electricals is getting on my nerves. my head lights went out, I fixed that. Then i get pulled over the other day and cop tells me my tail lights don't work. Now today my brand new fog lights wont turn on......

I checked every fuse in the box only one was burnt out, I changed it but everything stayed the same.

The issue with my tail lights: The brake light works and the reverse light work so I don't think its the bulb. What do you guys think it might be? And both sides are not working. If only one side didn't work than I might look into the bulb.

Fog Lights: one day they work The next day they don't. I double check all the wires, everything is connected correctly.

S h i t is pissing me off.

whatevrthefrag

i know what u mean man, same thing happened to me, all the lights work just the running lights while your driving dont.
i took in into shop and it seemed to be that the previous owner tried mickeymousing the electrical for the alarm and horn and ended up fucking all the inderdash electrical.. im afraid a fuse most likely wont fix your going to have to start with the electrical under dash and end up moving your way back to the rear.
GL

gs300cky

or the tail lights could have the wire for DRLs may have broken... but that wont explain the fogs...

built_ls

imma just take it to a local shop this morning. he usually hooks me up for cheap

built_ls

well i dont have an alarm system so I dont think that is what did it. but im on my way to the shop in a little bit. hopefully he can atleast point me in the right directions

j13

Keep It Clean
don't give up man. when you sort out all the problems, its smooth sailing from there.

built_ls

just came back fromthe shop. dude says it is a common problem with Hondas and Acuras. He says is something wrong with the connection around my dash area. Like a switch or something that needs to be replace. he has to find where it is at and its alot of work. He says it will be $80. Imma take it to some local Honda boys and have them take care of it for a fraction of that price...Im not trying to mess with wires in my dash

built_ls

yea i just came from my boys shop. He said its either bad ground or a wire is short somewhere. but imma go back around five its way too hot outside today

built_ls

ok so i though i'll update you guys a little on my situation. so i took the car to some local honda boys to try to get the problem fixed for free. I told them what the other mechanic said : that the problem is a switch in the dash somewhere. open the dash and check all the wires to see if each is getting power.....

Well dude was like nah thats not it. It's bad ground or bad relay. So they spent 3-4 hours checking wires under hood and re-taping them with electrical tape ( they were in bad shape ). We did this until we ran out of day light.

Then this other dude came and he was like "I've dealt with this before its a your light switch you need to get a new switch unscrew the dash and check the wires and see which one is bad, replace it and replace the light switch and you'll be all good"

And im like I told these guys that s*** four hours ago. So for four hours we spent re-wiring the car (and bulls***ing around) I wasn't really complaining cause it was free of charge but still.... they should of listen to me first.

but I guess imma have to give up $80 and take to the mechanic cause he seems to know what he's talking about. atleast I know i can give him the car, give him the cash, leave thancome back and the problem will be fixed. If it comes back i can bring him the car again and he will take care of it.

Now I just need $80 and i'll be good to go

Last edited: