Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
No, before it was a “I don’t wanna drive 45+mins to ride” thing, but since I’ve been driving over an hour several times a week lately, 45mins isn’t shit... I need another XR god dammit :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
45 mins is far? One of my regular stops at work is nearly 2.5 hours away from the company I work for.... :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Exactly :lol:

I used to think the 30min drive across town was a decent hop... yeah no :lol:

I drove 50mins to hangout with my gf while she was pet sitting for a friend... came home at 1am, ate food, went back and stayed the night, 3+ hours of driving time and it just felt like a casual cruise to the store or some shit :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Easy way of explaining just how much I drive: I got the Cobalt at the end of May. I’ve only put a little over 1200mi on it since then.

Last week was pretty slow at work, I still managed around 1000 miles.

Hell, I had the transmission in the van replaced like a week or two before I got the Cobalt, it was at 180k. It’s at 217k now.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah I haven’t done that much :lol: but my truck just rolled over 220k, and it had 214k when I got it, and I drive the mustang almost as much as I drive the truck because I alternate between.

I don’t drive every day though so for 1-3 days out of the week that’s a decent bit of mileage for around my area.

94RS

No fucks given.
You really want a 2 smoker to get back into bikes?

I’m assuming the end goal is to convert to a sumo, so why not a larger 4T?

R13

The other asshole
Nope. I’d actually like to get back to my roots and just ride dirt in my free time.

The end goal is to have a 650r sumo, 110ci dyna, and an ‘09 Black/red 12r :lol:

It’d be nice to forget all the bullshit though and just go hit the trails alone for hours like I used to, since everyone depends on me all the fucking time, it’d be a nice way to say fuck off, I’m busy :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Jesus, the prices too...

Why the fuck are buell’s so cheap? Hell is wrong with people.

94RS

No fucks given.
So here's an oddball that some guy in South Africa is trying to sell in the Buell FB group...

It's a Uly with a Lightning fairing, an X1 tail that, and what looks like a combination of the stock X1 seat and a Lightning Long seat.

Might be an option if your ass turns out to be too tall for a regular S/R :lol:

R13

The other asshole
It doesn’t look any taller than a normal one though :lol: Maybe like 3-4 inches in the rear

94RS

No fucks given.
My guess is that it started as a Uly XT, the more "sport touring" oriented ones that came with a S/R front fender, taller windscreen and hard bags. The X was the one that had the double "off road" front fenders.

I've heard that the XT's forks are about 1.5in shorter than the X, along with an inch shorter seat... So there's a bit of a difference in height :lol:

Look at the difference between where the forks meet in relation to the tire.