Cluster Problem

vibes670

98 Integra Gs

For some reason the RPM and MPH works at curtain times, anyone know whats going on here? The Gas and Heat gauge are fine. For example, today it would work then later it dosnt then the next day it would work then at times nothing. its weird.

Nick_C78

Speed sensor would be only speedo. Rpm reads from dizzy.

Check the plugs behind the cluster. The plug could just be loose.

themiller13

If you have a obd2 reader plug it in and see if the ECU is showing rpms and Mph. If it is then you can isolate the problem to the cluster or the wiring from the ECU. If either of the readings don't show I'd start at the sensors.

Once you think you have the problem isolated try replacing parts if you have a buddy you can use stuff from. Saves $.

vibes670

If you have a obd2 reader plug it in and see if the ECU is showing rpms and Mph. If it is then you can isolate the problem to the cluster or the wiring from the ECU. If either of the readings don't show I'd start at the sensors.

Once you think you have the problem isolated try replacing parts if you have a buddy you can use stuff from. Saves $.
Did that, found errors for Misfire Cylinders 2,3 and 4. Changed sparkplugs and everything all good, no error for gauges.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
If it's an automatic a faulty speed sensor can fudge up your rpms. Atleast it happened to my legend.