GSR transmission question

FauxTypeR

just a quick question. i have a 98 GSR with a 1st gear grind. i wanna get a new one but i don't wanna spend so much without knowing how much i can sell my tranny for. do ppl actually buy grinding trannys? if so wat price shood i sell it for estimate?

Nick_C78

Sell it for 200 and say 1st needs new synchro. Usually 3rd gear synchro go out first though. First gear grind is usually a bad clutch from my experiences. Or more common a bad master/slave cylinder.

Nick_C78

Low balling? I'm not the one buying it. Just saying what I would sell it for, because I hate selling shit. Also 500 is the going rate for a good gsr trans around here. Not one that grinds.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Low balling? I'm not the one buying it. Just saying what I would sell it for, because I hate selling s***. Also 500 is the going rate for a good gsr trans around here. Not one that grinds.
Yea the prices around here are so inflated it's ridiculous. But I'm with you, first gear synchro going out doesn't sound right at all, probably needs the clutch adjusted.

FauxTypeR

Yea the prices around here are so inflated it's ridiculous. But I'm with you, first gear synchro going out doesn't sound right at all, probably needs the clutch adjusted.
sorry been working like crazy. anyways, id prob sell my tray for 300-450. but my tranny fckxd up because i was running dry due to a sneaky tranny leak.

themiller13

sorry been working like crazy. anyways, id prob sell my tray for 300-450. but my tranny fckxd up because i was running dry due to a sneaky tranny leak.
I'd try to rebuild it. I've was working next to a Transmission builder all summer and found out it takes time, the right tools, patience and some mechanical know-how to rebuild them. But thats just my .02

TheMyth

Just replaced my LSD with a aftermarket LSD. But I had to replace 1st gear as well. Went ahead and changed 1st and 2nd synchro while it was apart. It's not that bad.

The Old One

osiris19

Rebuilding transmissions is fun! I think its better than engines because when you rebuild a transmission, people have no clue what they're looking at other than a bunch of gears, and then you magically put it all back together and amaze them.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Took on team integra for a how to article on rebuilding the trans. Someone put a lot of time in making the article very detailed with a lot of pictures.
I have the link saved on my computer but I'm on my phone right now

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I looked for the article briefly and could not find it. Please post when you get home. Thx