How to open the hood latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MofoTomO

OK, I just bought a 95 integra special edition, I am having a hard time trying to open the hood from the latch, it does pop up but I'm lost on how to open up the hood. I followed the directions in the manual and still dont know. Appreciate any help thanks!

Last edited:

mohawk42s

there is a lever you push up just to the left of the front emblem....
ill post a pic if you need it

MofoTomO

Ok I found the latch and tried to open by pushing and pulling on it and no luck. I'm not the most handy person. Pic would be fantastic, thanks!

j13

Keep It Clean
Pop the hood from inside, go to the front of the car and slide the lever to the side. A pic? For what?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND

try pushing the hood down a tad while pulling up on the lever

Last edited:

mohawk42s

this is what the handle looks like with the hood just popped...

this is what it looks like with hood opened...

the plastic handle that sticks out to the left is what you need to pull up on

Injakari

Zombie_Leg!
All the cars I've had you push the switch to the left or right, confused me for a sec, made me feel silly too. You just lift the switch up instead.

MofoTomO

Well, the level was stuck, sprayed some wd40 and popped it with a screw driver. I really was ready to have my head examined LOL. Thanks for all the help.

mmyk

Well, the level was stuck, sprayed some wd40 and popped it with a screw driver. I really was ready to have my head examined LOL. Thanks for all the help.
I have the same problem. Please describe how to 'pop it with a screw driver' - I really need to get it open and tried and tried without success.

Status
Not open for further replies.