Tree's DC4

treeafodo

Austin
Looks very good! Do you have a pic of the whole car with the hood open? I want to see the valve cover from a far perspective cause I think I might paint mine white lol
What angle/s do you want? I will take whatever pictures you'd like tomorrow once there is some light.

Looking good so far, can't wait to see whats next!!
Thanks! It'll be some little things. I have a few things I need to do for maintenance before I put more money into what I really want to.

treeafodo

Austin
Hopefully these will do. Just a few cell phone pictures.

I think I'm going to loop the steering rack. I find I don't feel very connected to the road. All roads, regardless of conditions, feel the same through the steering wheel. It's just too light, if you will, for my liking.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Thanks so much! White definately looks good on your black car. I think I'm set on the color white on my teg :)

R13

The other asshole
Looks sweet man, Good job!

treeafodo

Austin
I've been thinking about looping the steering rack for a little while now. I find that the steering is too light for my liking. No matter what the weather or road conditions are like the road feels the same. I feel like there's no input from the road to my hands. So I ran out to Home Depot just now and picked up the barb fitting and teflon tape that I would need.

Untitled by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
When I got home there was a small box waiting for me. Yes, my computer chair is an NB Miata seat. :)

The contents of the box.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Looking good! How's driving it without p/s?
I've only gone around my block which is low speed, but so far I like it. I'll go for a drive after work tonight and let you know.
the level of clean in your engine bay puts even Mr Clean to shame sir.
:lol: thank you! I'm going to sig this once I'm on the computer. It's honestly not that clean though. There's a lot of room for improvement hence the amount of time I spend on it.

treeafodo

Austin
Update: After driving it, I have to say I really like it. It feels just like how my racing kart steered. It is exactly what I was looking for. It will be staying like this until I get a proper manual rack set up.:)