ECU help

White_Rabbit

Ok heres the deal. I have a 2001 Integra LS Auto. I found a sweet deal on a B18C1 thats built. I want to drop it and a manual transmission in my car. My problem is right now I just have the motor and I deploy in a month. I want to get the motor in the car running and do the manual swap later. What ECU would you recommend? I was recommended P28. Then I could still use it once I swap to manual just let my tuner know I did a manual swap. Right now i'll be tunning it with Greddy E-manage Ultimate because I already have the system. Unless I should just go with a SAFC-2 or something.

Please point me in the right direction.

White_Rabbit

Local guy has a P72. I'll get it fixed to run it as an auto by local tuner. He can also do base maps and such since this is a FI motor.

Spody02

Name: Cody
yeah your gonna need an auto ecu...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the only thing is he has a b18c1 motor and the ecu for the automatic gsr is extremly rare. you can get it to run with a ls ecu but you wont have vtec

Spody02

Name: Cody
just do it right and go to phearable.net, send them e-mail tell them you need a map for a b18c1 with ls auto tranny, i dont think your tranny will hold up too long

mteg

Automatic Lover
just do it right and go to phearable.net, send them e-mail tell them you need a map for a b18c1 with ls auto tranny, i dont think your tranny will hold up too long
Your tranny will be fine. I've thrown a lot more hp than what a b18c1 puts out, and my automatic tranny is fine. I've heard that you can use a d16 automatic vtec tranny and get it to work good with a vafc/safc.

White_Rabbit

Your tranny will be fine. I've thrown a lot more hp than what a b18c1 puts out, and my automatic tranny is fine. I've heard that you can use a d16 automatic vtec tranny and get it to work good with a vafc/safc.
Its not a stock GSR....far from it. I'm running into too many problems. Just gonna source the manual swap parts.