GSR CEL Code P1259: VTEC?

xSpRiNkLeZ

Ok so my CEL was on, so I disconnected the battery for a little then connected it back... drove normal for about a week, including Tampa to Winter Park and back (2 hours there, 2 hours back) and it stayed off.
Then monday night I got on it for the first time since i disconnected the battery, hit about 5k, and my car kinda jumped / bogged down and the CEL popped up.
so i go got it checked today and the code P1259 is my only code, something to do with VTEC...
anyone know exactly what the problem is, or how to fix it?

Check the simple things first: do you have enough oil, is the vtec pressure switch plugged in, etc. You might want to go ahead and replace the Vtec solenoid gasket and the Vtec base gasket, and clean it all up.

mjones73

I believe it's the VTEC oli pressure sensor. If it's triggering the CEL when you hit the VTEC range, it's possible the screen between the solenoid and head is junked up with crap or your low on oil and not building enough pressure to trigger the VTEC at 4400 RPM.

From what I've read if the code comes when you're below 4400RPM, it's electrical or a bad sensor, if it's above, it's lack of oil pressure.

I believe it's the VTEC oli pressure sensor. If it's triggering the CEL when you hit the VTEC range, it's possible the screen between the solenoid and head is junked up with crap or your low on oil and not building enough pressure to trigger the VTEC at 4400 RPM.

From what I've read if the code comes when you're below 4400RPM, it's electrical or a bad sensor, if it's above, it's lack of oil pressure.
Good info. +reps for you.

BTW, that screen is part of the Vtec solenoid gasket I mentioned above.:thumbs up

SOMD_GSR_STi

Flatout Performance
Sorry for ressurecting from the dead, but my car is doing the SAME thing at only 70k miles. Im going to do oil change today and see if that helps.

86dc2

Mine also the same..... I cleaned the screen part i changed the vtec solenoidchanged the gasket i changed the vtec oil pressure switch i checked the oil level i check for bad ground on the pressure switch, and still getting this code as well.......