Hey, what's up? New to the import scene.

Jakethesteak28

I just bought a 96 Integra with the b18 non vtech motor. I was just wondering what's the best way to start adding some horse power to it. It has a cold air intake and header. What should I do to it? I would like to make it a vtech, what head and what not do I need. Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just a noob to to imports. Thanks guys and ladies

Ganyon

Welcome.
1. It's vtec not vtech
2. I would do a tune up before mods
3. An exhaust would be next.
4. Forced induction would be cheaper for more power. You will only get about 30 hp with an ls/v kit.

Jakethesteak28

Yeah sorry about the vtech, my phone auto corrected it for me. I did a tune up already, spark plugs,wires, oil change etc. How much are the vtec swaps?

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
i wouldn't worry about going faster but that's not gonna stop you.

VTEC engine swaps are pretty hefty. it can range from 1000+ depending on where you do it or if you do it yourself.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
It depends on if you go ls/vtec or a full gsr swap. There's also great power to be had out of the motor you have. You can either go turbo or all motor. All motor is more expensive and less power but it's up to the person. I'm going all motor even tho i'm very broke and turbo is a better choice.:)

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
LS/VTEC definitely has a LOT of power if built correctly. it's still gonna be expensive especially if you want a reliable build. i've seen LS/VTEC builds last less than 1 month from idiots who just abuse it without purchasing the right bolt ons ,etc.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
LS/VTEC definitely has a LOT of power if built correctly. it's still gonna be expensive especially if you want a reliable build. i've seen LS/VTEC builds last less than 1 month from idiots who just abuse it without purchasing the right bolt ons ,etc.
My friend and I argued for a long time over this today. He says that it's as easy as putting on a vtec head. Then i went into everything that goes into it. He replyed "You think your so smart because you have been on google and that club integra". I just smiled lol.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Ls/v consists of either a b16/17/18 gsr head, but b16 ones are the ones you hear about more (poor mans type r) plus ls/v conversion kit, an oil line and ecu

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
The vtec swap consists of the b16 head and ecu right?
Not to be an ass but after that statement i suggest a ton of research. You can also use a type-r or gsr head as well. Internals being upgraded is a must if you want it to last. Also have to change something in the block i don't exactly remember what at the moment tho. Been a while since i looked into doing an ls/vtec build i just decided to go all-motor on a jdm b18b when my current motor craps out.

Jakethesteak28

Yeah like I said earlier, I'm new to imports. I'm just trying to findout what I can do to give it some balls. My buddy has a 99 civic si, I want it to be as quick if not quicker.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Start with an exhaust. Then if you still aren't happy decide if you wanna go all-motor,Ls/vtec, or boost.

Kyle

Yeah like I said earlier, I'm new to imports. I'm just trying to findout what I can do to give it some balls. My buddy has a 99 civic si, I want it to be as quick if not quicker.
You could just build your B18B with some cams, bolt ons and a tune and kill his VTEC B16. VTEC isn't some magical thing that makes you faster. Google non VTEC build and look around Honda Tech and nonVTEC.com HTH.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
You could just build your B18B with some cams, bolt ons and a tune and kill his VTEC B16. VTEC isn't some magical thing that makes you faster. Google non VTEC build and look around Honda Tech and nonVTEC.com HTH.
^this is exactly my goal lol.