97 heater control slider very hard to move

JohnCarter

The heater control slider is very hard to move...both ways. Is there a fix/cure for this? I would need instructions if so. Just bought the thing about a month or so ago. 190k, 4dr GS.

More questions in different threads.

Thanks.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Well if its the number side its the cable might be bent or snug on something,its an easy fix. If its the other side, 1 of 3 things is broken inside climate control. Which in anycase its easier to buy new climate control than find someone parting out insides of a climate control. If its the cable than you can buy new one from acura for $15,wouldn't trust a used one..

Last edited:

Afireinside

There is a heat selector valve on the firewall that cuts off coolant to the heater core. Its probably dirty which makes the cable hard to move.
Good luck

stevoqb916

mine is stuck too and i tried to pull out my center consol thing and it will only pop out about 2 inchs then i cant get it any further

Afireinside

mine is stuck too and i tried to pull out my center consol thing and it will only pop out about 2 inchs then i cant get it any further
It is under the hood where the problem is not behind the console,but go ahead and waste you time taking it a part.
Just look on the passenger side firewall and look for a heater hose with a valve in it and a cable going to it.That piece is your problem. Its available at the dealer and i'm sure napa has it as well.
This is not a common problem to integras it's common for most cars of this age,even the newest one is ten years old. If you maintain coolant flushes you will never have this problem,accumulation just gets built up and makes the valve hard to operate and usually this causes people to break the cable or switch.
Good luck

Last edited:

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
it is under the hood where the problem is not behind the console,but go ahead and waste you time taking it a part.
Just look on the passenger side firewall and look for a heater hose with a valve in it and a cable going to it.that piece is your problem. Its available at the dealer and i'm sure napa has it as well.
This is not a common problem to integras it's common for most cars of this age,even the newest one is ten years old. If you maintain coolant flushes you will never have this problem,accumulation just gets built up and makes the valve hard to operate and usually this causes people to break the cable or switch.
Good luck
x2

JohnCarter

Mine was working easier today. I've been running the heater some the last few days and I'm thinking the fresh coolant helped with the above mentioned valve. I couldn't find the valve under the hood but I'll look again. Also, it is easier to slide if you're sitting in the passenger seat, for some reason. This is the non number side (temperature slider), not the number side (fan speed).