My 95 integra SE slow build

baseballfan84

Hello Everyone I have a 95 Integra, this was bought while back from integra-evan. I have some plans for it but will remain stock. As of right now i'm just repairing what I can and have the time for which is my number one issue. Here are some pics when I bought her and some after pics........

Also this is going to be a very slow progress.... Not enough hours during the day

And here are the after pics not a lot of progress but i'm trying.....

94RS

No fucks given.
Damn, the previous owner did not like that car. Besides the visuals, what else is wrong with it?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Integra-Evan took really good care of that car from what I remember. It always looked super clean in the pictures.

baseballfan84

Damn, the previous owner did not like that car. Besides the visuals, what else is wrong with it?
I think it had more to due with the area he lives in... the salt and all that plays a great deal to the paint of the car.. she has 249,000 miles and counting on her, but still runs strong. There is a misfire and a high idle, also the clutch is kinda strange but I got used to it quickly. Eventually I plan on replacing the motor completely, I'm just not sure if I should go with obd1 gsr or just grab another LS motor for cheap. Right now I'm just working on the exterior because of my busy schedule (fighting the rust).. My next plan of attack will be the front bumper and repair as much as I can.

Also Integra-Evan has a mint DB8 very clean

integra evan

I had the car for 8 years, it was an awesome car that I really liked. I took that car apart countless times and have driven many miles in it. Did all the work myself and never cut corners. The salt and the salt air really got to the car though, unfortunately. For the time being, as seen in the pics, I patched over it and coated it with plasti-dip to help prevent the rust from spreading any longer. If I were have to kept the car, I would have welded in new metal to those areas. But, I was looking for a new 4 door car, and did not have the time, space, or money to keep this one as a project car.

DB7ish

New clutch and spark plugs and wires, maybe distributor and you should be good. Doesn't look too bad, I've seen worse. Not a fan of the GSR spoiler or blades, but that's just my personal preference.

integra evan

New clutch and spark plugs and wires, maybe distributor and you should be good. Doesn't look too bad, I've seen worse. Not a fan of the GSR spoiler or blades, but that's just my personal preference.
It's got a misfire because one of the cylinders (#3) has low compression. Plugs and wires were the first things I tried, then did a compression test. The clutch itself is fine, I have a feeling there is a slight leak in the clutch master cylinder and/or slave cylinder.

Were you able to get it inspected? I can't tell what kind of sticker that is next to the NJ sticker.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Ah yea, road salt is a bitch, especially on older cars with primitive anti-rust coatings.

baseballfan84

It's got a misfire because one of the cylinders (#3) has low compression. Plugs and wires were the first things I tried, then did a compression test. The clutch itself is fine, I have a feeling there is a slight leak in the clutch master cylinder and/or slave cylinder.

Were you able to get it inspected? I can't tell what kind of sticker that is next to the NJ sticker.
First thing I did notice was there is a small transmission leak, although I haven't looked deeply into it yet. I did do a transmission fluid change using Genuine Honda Transmission Fluid. It also needed some clutch fluid as well It seemed like it improved but I want to dig deeper and find out exactly, it could be just the master or slave as you stated, also that misfire has been scratching my head because it doesn't pull a cel at all. I drove her 5 hours and back and no cel at all.

Also I did pass car inspection for NY I had the sticker on but it peeled off and I never found it. The guy was too lazy to peel off your sticker and it made my winshield look sticker crazy :/

I guess it makes me lazy too since I didn't peel it off either lol

But I have to say minus those issues she runs fine

integra evan

Yeah usually a low compression misfire won't throw a code, because all the plugs are properly firing, so the sensor isn't really catching a misfire. Did you notice a transmission leak from where the reverse light switch goes into the trans? I replaced that about a month before you got it, and there was some residue there leftover. Kind of funny it passed inspection lol, I thought for sure it would fail NJ emissions.
It's pretty cool that it's runs fine with those issues. Like I said, I drove it for a good two hours before you picked it up and it ran nice lol.

baseballfan84

Ah yea, road salt is a b****, especially on older cars with primitive anti-rust coatings.
Tell me about it, when I went to pick her up I wanted to get out of that area as fast as I could... too much salt for my taste.

Integra-Evan I did notice that and that's the reason why I changed the fluid as soon as I saw it, It's not too bad but It needs attention. As far as passing NY inspection the guy hardly looked at the car he put it on his lift looked at it for 20 secs and said as long as nothing is falling off you pass. Whatever lol.

baseballfan84

They do emissions testing in NY but I took it to a Joe blow shop where he doesn't even do oil changes, he just does NY inspections and rents his lift out to people. I'm not complaining lol

baseballfan84

quick update, went to lunch after work and I received a big surprise, somebody decided to kiss my butt while I was at work this morning =(