Determining an ITR Transmission

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Okay, so my tranny is starting to go out and so I am trying to buy one off of my local importer. The guy that worked there said he had a JDM SiR-G transmission and so went I went to go check it out and it had an S80 sticker on it but the thing that was really strange was the fact that it had no LSD. He thought it was a SiR-G (Y80) since it came off a GSR B18C so he was also surprised that it was an S80. Is there any way to determine if it's an actual JDM ITR transmission instead of some shit LS trans? Everything they get is imported straight from Japan and from what I know, they only have S80's in the USA LS's, or am I wrong? I tried to look up the B18B transmission code but I couldn't find anything. Another thing, the trans case doesn't have LSD stamped on it. Here's pictures of it.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Figured it out myself. It's a SiR-G transmission, I was using this page to determine if it was a SiR-G trans or a ITR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_B_engine, thats why I thought it was an ITR. The only difference I see that they have from the ITR S80 is the 2nd-3rd ratios, the final drives and the LSD. Is $1000 worth it for it? Has less that 60k miles and they dropped $200 for me (was $1200) or should I just look for a different transmission?

R13

The other asshole
I would keep looking. 60k is nice buuuuut, that's still a damn steep price for a trans that isn't guaranteed to work 100%.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I would keep looking. 60k is nice buuuuut, that's still a damn steep price for a trans that isn't guaranteed to work 100%.

They should work but they also have a 60 day warranty on it. They said that they are tested in Japan and brought here if they do work

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Bitanga

That's too expensive. You'd be better off looking for a ITR tranny for near to the same price.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
My local importer wants to sell the motor w/ trans as is and I don't trust the other ones because they get bad reviews and customers saying that the things they bought were busted lol

Sent from my iPhone 2g