Moonroof shakes when opening

MIKE16

I was wondering if my Moonroof motor is dying or it's something else. Everytime I open it it shakes and makes a noise. When I close it, it doesn't make a noise or shake. I was wondering if anybody knew what is wrong with it.

Afireinside

That usually means the track needs greased or the whole assembly is not moving proper. I would use some grease and go from there.
Good luck.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Mine shakes alot when I open it too, but not when I close it. I've always assumed it just needs to be greased. But I so rarely ever open my sunroof I've never bothered to take care of it. Yeah I'm one of those weirdo's who doesn't give a damn about a sunroof. I open it, and the sun is in my eyes, who want's to drive with the sun in their eyes? not me. I'd rather have it gone and have the weight reduction and increased structural rigidity!

/babbling

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
mine does it to, even after i greased it

i guess its a problem all tegs have

doesnt bother me much

jznsn2u

mine does it to, even after i greased it

i guess its a problem all tegs have

doesnt bother me much
x2, I used silicon grease. So now I just open it in continuous clicks, not by holding it down.

MIKE16

I don't open in the daytime either but I do open it at night. I just wanted to know what it was so i could fix it but it seems like most Teg's do it, so I'll just let it be.

Afireinside

mine operates smooth it never hurts to grease it just make sure you get it in the track good! I use mine @ night and on cool days but to each there own.
Good luck

uso_Dc

mine does it too, but last i checked it wasnt called a sunroof, the 96-2000 civics come with sunroofs, our tegs have moonroof's. thats why they open out over the roof and not into it. but i grease my track and still the same after a day or two, but my ej1 does also. so i figure its just a common ordeal.