Tail light question...

ghesintegrah

Are the 91' g2's the only g2s that have half white/half red tail lights? because when i bought my 90 g2.. it had altezzas on them, (i know. butt-ass ugly) and i just recently traded my friend for his 93 stock tail lights, but they have the yellow piece for the turn signal. i really want the ones that are half white/half red.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Originally posted by "ghesintegrah"

Are the 91' g2's the only g2s that have half white/half red tail lights? because when i bought my 90 g2.. it had altezzas on them, (i know. butt-ass ugly) and i just recently traded my friend for his 93 stock tail lights, but they have the yellow piece for the turn signal. i really want the ones that are half white/half red.
yes the 90-91s have the top with the white and small pink striped and bottom red, 92-93s have bottom red, reverse white and the rest is orange. all are interchangable.

ghesintegrah

is there any other way besides PRYING the whole housing apart just to take out the amber lens? or can i just take a screwdriver to the amber to break it apart in pieces then slip the broken pieces through the holes where the bulbs go in?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
that wont work, and itll look shitty. Just put the whole assembly in the oven for 20 minutes, take it out and the glue will be somewhat melt3ed you you can pry off easily.

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/lighting/14.html

^Thats a Teg Tip from G2IC, just do what it says, but put it on the oven instead of using aheat gun, its more effective and quicker.

Gigarange

Eviloliv3 said:
yes the 90-91s have the top with the white and small pink striped and bottom red, 92-93s have bottom red, reverse white and the rest is orange. all are interchangable.
they are interchangable on the coupe's...but the Sedan's require changing to trunk lid to change from the '90-91 tail lights to the '92-93 tail lights...or the other way around.

Britty

Eviloliv3: did you do the DIY (the top lense looks really white in your sig)? I was thinkin' about doing it, but cuz i have a 91, the top lense is pretty white already...well, it's kinda pink. Was it hard to do? A lot of work? I've read some of the threads on G2IC, but always good to hear from ppl who have done it. Thx :D

Gigarange

I'm planning on doing this myself over the winter.
I've got a cracked 2dr tail light that I found in a friends garage to practice on first...also gonna be trying out some LED tail light idea's.

tougetuned_DA9

go to the junkyard

i got to the junk yard all the time. i always find what i want. thats where i found all my honda emblems for my car and my steering wheel.