Potential Buy, need tips

evo_z

Hi all. I will be looking at a used 94 GSR with 181k miles on it next week as a potential buy. The seller is asking $5995 for it and I wanted to know a few things before I take a closer look. First, is that price reasonable given the age and milage? What things in particular should I look for when I take the test drive? Are there any quirks or common problems I should look for? Are there any quirks or common problems associated with this model year I should look for? Other than the usual tires wear, leaks, fluids, appearance etc, what other items should I inspect once I take it for a test drive? Can you suggest a link that has the tips and suggestions when buying a used Integra GSR in particular? (not refering to general 'how-to' sites)

Any tips are very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

:D

evo_z

DC2_Project said:
id look around you can find one with less miles for that price somewhere
If its a good enough car, I'm planning on low balling it at $4000-$4500. If he doesnt budge, I walk away.

01cleatus

Hey bro that isn't even lowballin his offer. The car on kelley blue book if its in excellent condition should be worth 3600 bucks or so.
here is the link for that page:
www.kbb.com

tell him he is asking way to much and tell him you wont pay anywhere close to those numbers, tell him you are going to try and find another one or he can sell it to you for 3000 or 3500 bucks.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
:banana: dam thats a lot of money.. go to a auto auction ... i payed $3000 for a 95 ls with 81,000 and i am the second owner of the car.. look around you can find a way better deal .

DC2_Project

im paying 6,000 for a ls with a gsr swap with 32,000 miles on the motor 102,000 on the body

evo_z

DC2_Project said:
im paying 6,000 for a ls with a gsr swap with 32,000 miles on the motor 102,000 on the body
Thanks for the input. Other than the price, are they any quirks I should look out for with this particular year? Where there any recalls or little glitches I should be aware of?

Baldy201

When you drive it make sure the trans shifts smoothly. other than that idk what to tell you. Maybe see if the clutch engages smoothly also.
If posstible have a mechanic check it out. it may cost 50 bucks or so but it will give you a bargining chip if something is wrong.