Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Acura Integra Multimedia > Your Builds & Project Cars

Your Builds & Project Cars build threads showing the progress of your project car

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Your Builds & Project Cars

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.68 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #3391
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedin View Post
Man that looks like fun... sounds good too. I bet you're glad to have that cage pushing that hard.
I felt safe enough with the roll bar actually. I was really noncommittal on making this a full blown race car or making it a half assed race car. Im actually happier i have the 5lb bottle of halon next to me lol.

You really need to figure out how to get on the HPD team for the 25 hours of thunderhill man! Honda has one of the best camps there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #3392
Noneed2Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Blue View Post
what tires are you running? just curious, the Yokohama S-drives I have are alright but they don't feel grippy enough.

Have Integra - Check
Marry Japanese woman - check
Try to convince said Japanese woman to let me buy car parts - working on it
Noneed2Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #3393
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneed2Hate View Post
what tires are you running? just curious, the Yokohama S-drives I have are alright but they don't feel grippy enough.
NT01s. Theres a lot of things that go into grip of a tire that ive gathered over the last few years while working at a race shop.
1. heat cycles effect the grip. Tires can only go from hot to cold so many times, and max temp also affects this.
2. storage of the tire - tires typically shouldnt be stored in cold places for long periods of time. I tend do keep my race tires in my office.
3. tires you drive on every day dont make good track tires (refer to #1).
4. weather and UV index / track temp have things to do with grip
5. all tracks react differently to tires - Buttonwillow typically gets greasy after lunch and Buttonwillow isnt great for sticker tires. We found the track is faster on 1 heat cycled tires where as thunderhill is fastest on stickers.

|
|
|
|
Old 01-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #3394
Nick_C78

Send a message via AIM to Nick_C78 Send a message via MSN to Nick_C78

Quote:
You would gain a lot of time if you committed to throttle before each apex. You seem like you want to throttle on before apex but then you feather it for some reason. Also you can wide open through bus stop. It'll feel weird and may slide a little but there's a lot of track. Your entry to Riverside is too early. Hang a wide line a little longer and gradually turn in. Your current line is what I used to do and it causes you to push out towards the left side dirt which kills speed. That's what I'd work on for now if I were you
Nick_C78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #3395
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

party time

|
|
|
|
Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #3396
R13
The other asshole

Does 2 dipsticks increase whp?
Quote:
Okay try it and tell us how it works
Quote:

f*** em...
( . Y . )

R13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #3397
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by R13 View Post
Does 2 dipsticks increase whp?
the motor had a cracked vc and i think the new vc came with a dip stick

|
|
|
|
Old 02-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #3398
JustinMcGee1
I like Hondas

Remind me what motor you decided to go with, you mentioned then I forgot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
so my friends bro just offered to trade me his genuine rota slips
Quote:
If it weren't for Clubintegra, I think I would have been a ricer.
JustinMcGee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #3399
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMcGee1 View Post
Remind me what motor you decided to go with, you mentioned then I forgot

K20A2 from the 02-04 Type S.

|
|
|
|
Old 02-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #3400
JustinMcGee1
I like Hondas

Quote:
K20A2 from the 02-04 Type S.
You going K20/24?
Quote:
Old 02-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #3401
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Quote:
You going K20/24?
Nope. I wanted to do wheel to wheel racing with this motor and the frankenstein motors arent really allowed in NASA.

|
|
|
|
Old 02-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #3402
Noneed2Hate

Hopefully this will be me in the next few months also. Though I think I'm going with a K24 instead.

Have Integra - Check
Marry Japanese woman - check
Try to convince said Japanese woman to let me buy car parts - working on it
Noneed2Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 PM   #3403
Integraguy04
CORNER CARVER

Send a message via AIM to Integraguy04

Glad to see you are still ripping it!
I dont buy fast, I build fast

Integraguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:07 PM   #3404
JustinMcGee1
I like Hondas

Quote:
Nope. I wanted to do wheel to wheel racing with this motor and the frankenstein motors arent really allowed in NASA.

Makes sense, when are you plodding the swap?

Quote:
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #3405
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneed2Hate View Post
Hopefully this will be me in the next few months also. Though I think I'm going with a K24 instead.
I wouldnt mind a 24, but the 2.4 blocks are limited in nasa at least in H2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integraguy04 View Post
Glad to see you are still ripping it!
Yeah man the plan is to do more local events this year and maybe SLB again.

Quote:
Makes sense, when are you plodding the swap?

probably later than sooner. The build i want to do is expensive lol.
Actually you can do a k20/k24 build but you have a limit on the compression. I forgot about that rule. But i rather have a k20.

|
|
|
|