A/C fuse keeps blowing??

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Check your grounds and make sure there isn't any gaps in the wire covers. Wiring is a bitch. The easiest way to fix that would be to do an AC removal.

nicoalex2

Check your grounds and make sure there isn't any gaps in the wire covers. Wiring is a bitch. The easiest way to fix that would be to do an AC removal.
Not an option. Too hot and muggy in Alabama, with a kid on the way.

could be your fan motor, unplug the fan and see if it still blows
I will try that. Does the fan need to be grounded? There is only the plug going to the fan. Also the fan is being held on by zip ties.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
your just unplugging the fan to get it out of the picture, if it still blows,its not the fan

Theasian

Which fuse is blowing 56 condenser fan or 17 heater a/c relay. A ground wire wont cause the fuse to blow because it is on the ground side of the circuit.

If its fuse 56 I would measure resistance from the condenser relay to the fan. The blue black wire. If you have a high resistance higher than .1-.3 ohms You most likely have a open.

I would also agree disconnecting the the fan will eliminate the motor from the picture.

nicoalex2

Which fuse is blowing 56 condenser fan or 17 heater a/c relay. A ground wire wont cause the fuse to blow because it is on the ground side of the circuit.

If its fuse 56 I would measure resistance from the condenser relay to the fan. The blue black wire. If you have a high resistance higher than .1-.3 ohms You most likely have a open.

I would also agree disconnecting the the fan will eliminate the motor from the picture.

Not sure on the numbers. It's the 20 on the left upper side of the panel. And I have no idea how to measure the resistance. No meter or knowledge