Would Upgraded fuel pump and fuel rail help mE??

killaberna

I have a gsr with basic bolt on's : skunk 2 intake manifold, type r replica headers, 2.5 down pipe with a 22" resonator and flow masters muffler...and a chipped p28 tuned by church automotive. My friend has an ls/vtec and bought a new S2k fuel pump and upgraded his fuel rail and he keeps stressing me to buy a walbro fuel pump and upgrade my fuel rail,,, cause he claims that its going to make vtec pop harder and ill gain HP from this upgrade, I wanna know what educated clubintegra members have to say about this.. before anything is said i want to say that i told him that this upgrade would not work? any comments

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
a fuel pump upgrade is usually a good idea but the stock fuel rail is good for 400 hp

JDMasfck

I would say you don't need either. You are not pushing a bunch of power so the fuel isn't needed. You are running a stock injector is my guess, until you get closer to the upper range of the duty cycle on them, it's a waste of money. My guys B18cR ek is running around 230hp on all stock fuel system BUT injectors. he is using 440's.

Use the money for something else. ( unless you pump is going out don't change it )

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Waste of money. You can't just squirt more fuel into an engine and make more power, lol... With your basic boltons, you aren't even close to needing it. Injectors would be first, and you don't even need those. I'm sure your friend is nice, but i think he's kinda dumb :). Next time he refers to vtec "popping" harder, punch him in the face.

Last edited:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
You wouldn't see much with that, only if your old pump is going out. if you were runnign bigger injectors and cams etc, then maybe.

killaberna

Waste of money. You can't just squirt more fuel into an engine and make more power, lol... With your basic boltons, you aren't even close to needing it. Injectors would be first, and you don't even need those. I'm sure your friend is nice, but i think he's kinda dumb :). Next time he refers to vtec "popping" harder, punch him in the face.
YEA IMA punch him in his face for Telling me these dum lies..hahah...i knew it, i tried to tell him but he has already went out and bought the stuff so fck it,, but since this thread is open i wanna ask another question.

I wanna build my Gsr head, how would i go about doing so, is their any thread on this forum that have specifics on how to build a gsr head properly, using only things that will make power and leaving all the unnecessary upgrades out the way. I wanna build it mildly since this will be my DD, but still tryna push some good numbers, lets say i goal is 200whp plus but less than 250whp.

also one more quick question, i bought some front end parts for my gsr all oem: wheel bearings ,ball joints, tie rods etc. My question is when i go to install these upper control arms (they look like THIS:
[/IMG])

Do i just throw them on and bolt everything back up or do i have to loosen the sides up in order to adjust it, and if so how would i adjust it to oem spec.

JDMasfck

also one more quick question, i bought some front end parts for my gsr all oem: wheel bearings ,ball joints, tie rods etc. My question is when i go to install these upper control arms (they look like THIS:

Do i just throw them on and bolt everything back up or do i have to loosen the sides up in order to adjust it, and if so how would i adjust it to oem spec.
I'm guessing those are aftermarket and have the adjustable ball joint? If so, you need to put them on, then go get an alignment. Well I guess either way you need one more than likely if you are replacing all this stuff.

Also the two top studs you bolt to our shock tower that hold the UCA need to be tight! if those are the bolts you were talking about adjusting.

killaberna

I'm guessing those are aftermarket and have the adjustable ball joint? If so, you need to put them on, then go get an alignment. Well I guess either way you need one more than likely if you are replacing all this stuff.

Also the two top studs you bolt to our shock tower that hold the UCA need to be tight! if those are the bolts you were talking about adjusting.
That was just a pic that i found on the internet, im talking about OEM UCA from the acura dealership which are not adjustable and that come which looks like to me ready to bolt on and go, okay look at this video and go to 32sec those bolts the guy in the video is loosening is what im talking about, when i put the UCA on my car do i need to loosen thos to install, i can put them in without loosening them but was wondering do they need to be adjusted??

[YOUTUBE="HOW to install upper control arms"]IR2f4xC2spY[/YOUTUBE]

killaberna

I wanna build my Gsr head, how would i go about doing so, is their any thread on this forum that have specifics on how to build a gsr head properly, using only things that will make power and leaving all the unnecessary upgrades out the way. I wanna build it mildly since this will be my DD, but still tryna push some good numbers, lets say i goal is 200whp plus but less than 250whp.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
That was just a pic that i found on the internet, im talking about OEM UCA from the acura dealership which are not adjustable and that come which looks like to me ready to bolt on and go, okay look at this video and go to 32sec those bolts the guy in the video is loosening is what im talking about, when i put the UCA on my car do i need to loosen thos to install, i can put them in without loosening them but was wondering do they need to be adjusted??

[YOUTUBE="HOW to install upper control arms"]IR2f4xC2spY[/YOUTUBE]
those should just be tight. if they are loose i would lock tight them

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
um no. But if you look at my build thread its pertty much a diy on building a motor. First i would pretty much set a weekend/week to do it if its your first time. biggest thing is getting the stuff you need first. The typical list includes the following:

Dual valve springs
cam shafts
new gasket set (might as well since everything is going to be replaced)
head gasket
assembly lube

Optional pieces:
valves (new)
intake manifold
throttle body
hondata gasket
head studs

um valves should not need to be taken out unless you want to replace the valve stem seal and then you haev to have them recut.

What pistons do you have? This is a factor in power. 200 with gsr pistons you may need a stage 2 cam.

PM me if you have questions

killaberna

um no. But if you look at my build thread its pertty much a diy on building a motor. First i would pretty much set a weekend/week to do it if its your first time. biggest thing is getting the stuff you need first. The typical list includes the following:

Dual valve springs
cam shafts
new gasket set (might as well since everything is going to be replaced)
head gasket
assembly lube

Optional pieces:
valves (new)
intake manifold
throttle body
hondata gasket
head studs

um valves should not need to be taken out unless you want to replace the valve stem seal and then you haev to have them recut.

What pistons do you have? This is a factor in power. 200 with gsr pistons you may need a stage 2 cam.

PM me if you have questions
THANK YOU!!!,,i appreciate this info very much,,now that i know what i need, iam start saving so in about three to four months from now this should all be done!!,,,,