1999 Acura Integra GS stalls while driving

tm_sv

I have a 99 integra. it is well maintained, 160K miles. Recently it started to stall on the road.
I did tune-up, the spark plugs, ignition wire, cap, and rotor, did timing belt and water pump.
have changed the O2 sensor and fuel filter. Theproblem still there and happens more often.
If it is left idling, it can idle for less than 10min before dying.

I have search previous posts and threads. There did not seemed to have much conclusion on such problem.
Please help. Thanks.

mjones73

Never mind then, was gonna suggest the ignition switch, when mine was going bad, the car would turn off randomly on me while I was driving.

tm_sv

Never mind then, was gonna suggest the ignition switch, when mine was going bad, the car would turn off randomly on me while I was driving.
Thanks for the response. Actually at the moment when the engine went off while driving, no lights were on. But when the car came to a complete stop, the dash lights came on (CEL came on sometimes)). I guess this is because the key was still in the second position. This is kind of explained why lights were on when it died while left idling.

Did the ignition Switch completely solve your problem?

Thanks.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Thanks for the response. Actually at the moment when the engine went off while driving, no lights were on. But when the car came to a complete stop, the dash lights came on (CEL came on sometimes)). I guess this is because the key was still in the second position. This is kind of explained why lights were on when it died while left idling.

Did the ignition Switch completely solve your problem?

Thanks.
This could either be the ignition switch or the main relay.

tm_sv

My repair shop suspects distributor problem. They said they tested the ignition switch and were sure that was not the problem. The problem gets worse after some driving. They suspect it is temperature related (a reason pointing to distributor). I will ask about the main relay

tm_sv

Would the main relay be affected by temperature? The problem did seem get worse as the engine warmed up.

tm_sv

If leave the car for 10min, it will start again. But it will stall after a few minutes of driving or idling.