engine bay elimination

emd513

Sry guys had to rush to finish making this thread was going to a meeting. What all can I eliminate in the engine bay emissions. Wise. Or if you ha e any good links that would save me time with looking for post on this subject that would be great. Oh and its a 92 gs

Dtackett

are you building this to race? otherwise whats the point?

you can relocate the battery, remove power steering, ac and a few other things

Cripton805

What all can I eliminate in the engine bay emissions.

What is your question? This doesn't make sense.

1qikteg

depends how strict your emissions are. I just dont understand why people get rid of there ac and power steering. such a waste.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Sometimes its for room, I know that was the reason I got rid of it in my Integra. My next car will have the AC and PS though lol. You can take damn near everything off if you want, I have 3 vacuum lines in my engine bay and 3 water lines lol. Just depends on how extreme you want to go

emd513

Emissions is the canister vacuum hoses and other stuff like egr valves. I know about the mechanical parts AC has to go when I Turbo powersteering can stay but you feel the car better in turns have more of a response through steering with out PS. I want it all gone I drive at 65 to 80 MPH every day keeps me kool enough at is a bog waste of power and weight to keep. All that stuff will come out. Now which 3 vacuum lines did you have to keep. My point on this thread is I'm trying to tuck the engine bay and clean it up with the factory motor in it to save some time when I do my built motor swap. And really don't care to loose 1 or 2 MPG cause of it. I want it clean. Don't a big jumbled mess like Honda has it. And I don't have a lot of time to search being I work 80 hrs a week at 2 jobs have a family and still work on my cars not much time to anything else.

emd513

Damn Guy didn't realize it was you with that post. I know I have to have my Rad. Hoses and am going to keep heatercore for the winters here. Have the AC half way out got to finish the cooler and high press line and drop the compressor. And she is out of there. Also there is a big black box on driver side right behind PS reservoir looks like a control box for brakes or something not sure and has a cable that runs to firewall not on my 5 speed 90 but on this auto it is here will it mess anything up to take it out looks like shit. And I have the manual intake can I use it with my auto considering there is no egr valve in the man. Or will I be looking at problems with the ecu till I swap the granny's.

Jabes

black box behind the power steering resivour is the cruise control, if you dont need it or aren't going to use it you can unblug it and unhook the cable from the gas pedal

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
They actually make completely AC compatible turbo manifolds. You can have a professionaly boosted build while keeping PS and AC just fyi

emd513

No kidding I haven't seen a manifold that would let you do that with out it being custom made and I didn't like it. Thanks about the cruise it doesn't work and want when I swap trannys so its gone

emd513

Sry didn't even pay attention to that. And lets be adults about it for one. What's the point of getting upset cause of a miss spelled word. Why is that so important really. Did it hurt you. Could you not figure out what I was meaning. I've noticed more and more lately that most of the people on this site think we are in school and I have to be or anyone else for that matter has to be perfect on spelling g and punctuation like I'm going to be graded. If you can figure out what the person is saying or asking. Then let it go. If not ask what they meant. What's the point of throwing out a fault it texting or writing on a thread board. Just tells me that you either don't have anything in your life worth doing so you go around looking for the stupid shit to complain about or your just a douche that thinks your better than everyone else either way its stupid. If I miss spell something do everyone like me a favor and let it go or ignore it stop whoring threads with dumb shit and answer the questions asked that's what most of us are hear for. Not asking for a English teacher. Ominous thanks for fixing it. And thanks to everyone else that were big enough to ignore it an answer the quest.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Full race and one other company off the top of my head make that standard manifold. Not custom or anything, if you need more info on them just pm me