Really annoying beeping goes off randomly while driving.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
JUst tossing this put there as I had a similar issue after getting acura to replace my seatbelt retractors... The annoying beep may be accompanied by the seatbelt warning light flashing (may not, but that is the systemn the beep is attached to)

you can remove the kickplate on the passenger side outer wall.. this covers the seatbelt control unit.. unplufg the green connector and see if the beeping stops. If it does you know it is part of the seatbelt unit.

If you have determined that this is where the issue lies, then the next step is to determine if the seatbelt actuator switch which is built into the power door latch assembly has gone faulty.

the switch is located up behind the circular latch assembly that actually secures your door shut. this same switch can cause issue with the seatbelt retractors failing or not working or even getting stuck open or closed. I'll take a picture to post up of what I am referring to later or tomorrow when I have time.

you can use a small precision screwdriver to trigger the switch and see if it shuts the beep up... should also actuate the seatbekts too (unless you have manual belts....

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
JUst tossing this put there as I had a similar issue after getting acura to replace my seatbelt retractors... The annoying beep may be accompanied by the seatbelt warning light flashing (may not, but that is the systemn the beep is attached to)

you can remove the kickplate on the passenger side outer wall.. this covers the seatbelt control unit.. unplufg the green connector and see if the beeping stops. If it does you know it is part of the seatbelt unit.

If you have determined that this is where the issue lies, then the next step is to determine if the seatbelt actuator switch which is built into the power door latch assembly has gone faulty.

the switch is located up behind the circular latch assembly that actually secures your door shut. this same switch can cause issue with the seatbelt retractors failing or not working or even getting stuck open or closed. I'll take a picture to post up of what I am referring to later or tomorrow when I have time.

you can use a small precision screwdriver to trigger the switch and see if it shuts the beep up... should also actuate the seatbekts too (unless you have manual belts....
You said a lot of gibberish there. I don't know what kick plate you're talking about. I only know of the kick plate covering the ECU

djzachtyler

You said a lot of gibberish there. I don't know what kick plate you're talking about. I only know of the kick plate covering the ECU
there is a plastic kick plate on the side part of the interior molding. Acura service department called it a kickplate... passenger side under the dash just forward of the door... there is a control unit with a brown and green conector (as memory serves). remove the green connector

Mike61096

I figured out why it beeps. I turned my cars electronics on (the II position on the ignition) and the beeping started happening, and my oil light was on. The oil lights red back light would turn on and off in sync with the beeping, so it has to be some sort of oil pressure or temperature sensor. Also turning on just the electronics and then turning it off makes that stupid radiator fan turn on even though the car was never started. -___-

djzachtyler

blinking oil pressure light indicates a sudden loss of oil pressure... another thing that cancause it to start blinking like that is if the connector on the wire comes loose from the oil pressure sender unit.

Mike61096

blinking oil pressure light indicates a sudden loss of oil pressure... another thing that cancause it to start blinking like that is if the connector on the wire comes loose from the oil pressure sender unit.
There's nothing wrong with the oil pressure though. That light only goes on when I have just the car electronics on. If the engine is running, the light won't be there, and the beep will just go off randomly.