dash panel removal/radio removal

94blckhawaiian

hi i was wondering if anybody has a link or can tell me how to take off my dash panel for my 96 teg. never took it off before and im worried i'll crack something by testing the waters. LMK asap plz:thumbup:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
1. Take out the back two screws (one on each side) in the far rear section of the center console (flip your front seats forward and they'll be right there), you don't need to take out the two screws more towards the middle.

2. Pop off the rectangular cover below the e-brake handle and take out those two screws. Then the entire back section of the center console will come out. Lift up the front part first, then pull the entire thing back - the front part hooks into the front section of the center console. Now your back section is out.

3. Unscrew your shift knob (manual) or take out the screw and pull off the handle (auto).

4. Take out the two screws (one on each side) at the front of the console.

5. Pull out the ashtray, and take out the middle screw of the three screws you see straight back in there. Then the whole ashtray/cig lighter/cup holder section will pull out. Unplug the cig lighter.

6. Take out the two screws in the upper corners that were being hidden behind that section.

7. Then pull the console piece back, it locks into the upper console piece a little. Pull outward a little on the console down by where the screws were to get it unlocked, then pull the whole thing back. Now the front console section is out.

Now you can get the radio out.

94blckhawaiian

thank you. ya im switching my JVC HU with my g/f's clarion HU into her 96 teg. gonna paint the dash panel pink too, and my JVC HU has all the different color variations too, so i can make the screen pink.