Viper alarm remote help

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
So, i picked up a gsr shell not too long ago and its in pretty good shape, added bonus...its got a viper alarm installed, the guy didnt say anything about it until he gave me the keys to it and after a few questions about it the car was on the trailer and im on the road. after a while on the road i realized that i forgot to ask what all the buttons do :smackself

pretty sure i know what the lock/unlock buttons do but what about the AUX and orange * buttons? also theres one on the back thats small with a P on it. any help would be great

Thanks

BeatBox

Real Good!
alot of alarms have a few functions you can add to it like

it will roll ur windows down
remote start
lights
trunk
anything is possible if the person installing can custom build add ons

FOR MINE
its the same remote, but its only an alarm. no remote start

most usually have remote start and alarm(you would push the AUX button twice)
the orange button is to make it go off, if u where in a "HELP ME IM GETTING RAPED" situation lol
you can also program it thru the remote to make the lights NOT flash, NO CHIRP when u arm it, also make it a "silent" alarm where only ur remote goes off but the car doesnt make the siren noise

HOPE THAT HELPS :)

Last edited:

HooliganSKATE

not meaning to thread jack, could help with the OP's question maybe, but does anyone know of anywhere to go that would be able to add on remote start? as well as reset the sensitivity?

rexpepper123

any place in the phonebook that has to do with car audio and alarm install im guessing.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
well the car is a 5 speed and it currently has no engine so i dont think it has remote start

so the orange is the panic button and the aux is to arm the alarm

Ryan659

The Aux is for auxiliary functions. Ie: on mine if you press the Aux and then arm, it will arm the alarm but not male any noise.

Weird thought that this post just came up the same time my remote broke. I replaced the battery and it never turned on again. Now I have to pay an arm and a leg to get it replaced.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
ok, ill have to look into some of the aux functions after the engine gets put into the car. so which button is to arm the system? would that be the orange one?

what about the one on the back? its really small and just had a P on it

BeatBox

Real Good!
ok, ill have to look into some of the aux functions after the engine gets put into the car. so which button is to arm the system? would that be the orange one?

what about the one on the back? its really small and just had a P on it
the lock button :thumbs up

the button on the back is what they use to program it to you car