Info on an H22 swap ?

909-IntegraRage

I have a 95 teg ls with almost 200,000 on the motor , and i wanted some info on an h22 swap... My car is mostly for work but once in a while i like to take it to the track... I want reliability but also some fun power.. I dont want to put a turbo cause of passing smog reason ( and the reliability of putting a turbo on a 200,000 mile engine ) .... Is the h22 motor and trans a big improvement over the stock B18 ? What kind of 1/4 mile time would i see ? (I really want something close to 13.5 - 14 secs) ? And Gas , how would the gas mileage be ? Pros and cons over all ? Thanks sorry if this has been asked over and over...

Last edited:

itzrivera

when I had my prelude (92 si) my gas mileage was decent, like 20mpg. I think a b18b would be more reliable than an H22. The reason i think this is because if the transmission that mounts up to the H22, its geared a little oddly. When you cruise on the highway around 80mph your rpm are going to sit around 4.5k and this is a good amount of stress that the motor has to handle

Dont get me wrong, I loved my prelude, but I definitely didn't have as much reliability confidence in it as I do in my 230K integra.
at 230k my integra has no problems what so ever
at 180k my ludes tranny was slipping and I could hear a slight tap when the engine was cold. Still loved that jawn though haha

my .02

Kyle

In my humble opinion I think that the H22 engine is a pretty dam good engine. It has 2.2 liters which is more than any other stock B series engine (unless you punch it out) and can make a good amount of power to rival many K builds. H22A Euro engine is rated at 220hp which is pretty good. People complain that they are "heavy" but they only weight about 25lbs more than a B series (block+trans). Throw a CF hood and hatch and I bet you'll cut that difference in half atleast. . They also make trans conversion kits so you can mate up your B series trans. Google it. Personally if you want to do an all motor build and don't want to do a K, I think H series are a good idea. Especially if you throw it into a 92 CX hatch which weights like 1900lbs.

Edit: And for those out there who wonder where I got 35lbs from here's the link
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=684550

Last edited:

909-IntegraRage

In my humble opinion I think that the H22 engine is a pretty dam good engine. It has 2.2 liters which is more than any other stock B series engine (unless you punch it out) and can make a good amount of power to rival many K builds. H22A Euro engine is rated at 220hp which is pretty good. People complain that they are "heavy" but they only weight about 25lbs more than a B series (block+trans). Throw a CF hood and hatch and I bet you'll cut that difference in half atleast. . They also make trans conversion kits so you can mate up your B series trans. Google it. Personally if you want to do an all motor build and don't want to do a K, I think H series are a good idea. Especially if you throw it into a 92 CX hatch which weights like 1900lbs.

cool thats sounds cool , i plan on doing it right with the right part ...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

thank you for not saying that it was too heavy :thumbs up

IMO the h22 gearing is too long and an h2b swap would be much better. i would even run a stock type R motor as it goes 14.7 stock a h22 may get you to low 14s with a good driver but a h2b swap with a gsr tranny will get you even lower