New to the forum

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Yeah, If i didnt say before the car is stock. Nothing was change besides the hideous wheels which I'm in the process of finding oem for lol. But other than the new timing belt,struts, etc. Everything is where it's supposed to be. I guess I'll just try different things and see what works for me. The CAI scare me because of where I live, so I'm staying away from that until next summer. In the mean time I'll try the SRI and work on getting the GSR tranny. Thank you guys for helping understand everything and helping me. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys on the forum more. I can see myself on this alot lol

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

^hehe he said whale penis

tbh the gains (if any) from the intake will be so marginal you won't even notice in all reality. Placebo effect.

R13

The other asshole
Intakes and exhaust change the power characteristics, I don't know how much, but it's probably noticeable.

Like if you have a 4-2-1 header and a short ram intake you have more bottom/midrange "power".

Noneed2Hate

Intakes and exhaust change the power characteristics, I don't know how much, but it's probably noticeable.

Like if you have a 4-2-1 header and a short ram intake you have more bottom/midrange "power".
so that's why my car is so fast now :lol:

R13

The other asshole
It doesn't really give you higher numbers, it just changes when you feel it, and maybe makes it a little faster. :lol:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Like I said I'm learning.. I'll see for myself eventually. For now I'm just having fun learning something new. It can be a minimal gain or loss, I'm getting the feel for it and noticing changing in how the car runs and feels. Lol don't have to be so critical. We all started somewhere :)

Noneed2Hate

Like I said I'm learning.. I'll see for myself eventually. For now I'm just having fun learning something new. It can be a minimal gain or loss, I'm getting the feel for it and noticing changing in how the car runs and feels. Lol don't have to be so critical. We all started somewhere :)
Sorry if I came off as blunt, couldn't type out my true feels while at work :p

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Starting to save for an ultimate sleeper. finally decided to go with the k20 after i do the LSV just to teach myself how. looks like im looking at like 6-7k right? in the process of doing as much research as possible but i think im going to stick to this decision. from what ive read the LS is fine shell to use. maybe get a jdm front . anyone here seen or done a k swap ?

Moved here because Nick was right. i forgot i had this thread. apologize for flooding. i have to start using the search.

phatintegra

Banned
HR
I used to build my own intake from PVC/flex pipe from hardware store before you ever reached high school. There were no such company that was making aftermarket intake back in my days.

Last edited:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai

Installed 8000K HID headlights over the weekend, and also removed back seat and inside panels.. removed about 100 lbs... ordered some yellow film from Lamin-X for the highbeams to see how it looks to see if i want to order 3000k HID for highs.

Installing GSR Tranny this weekend.

Last edited:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Installing My GSR Transmission this weekend by myself. (have access to the tools and jacks i need). I've obviously never done a transmission and am fully aware of how long it will take but my question is if anyone knows a nice guide on the job to help walk me through as best as possible. (doing research but wondering if anyone knows off hand on a video/write up to help me. thank you

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The icebox mod is perfect. Don't you have yours tuned though? I feel like those short ram intakes just suck in hot air instead of producing any power.

Sent from my iPhone 2g
It's been a while since I've seen a whale penis.
theyre cool i had one on mine. CAI is what i run now. I was thinking about doing a V stack set up actually.
kind of like this but with a duct from the headlight into the bay and having the v stack in the bay. A lot of people are starting to take that approach that my friend used on his miata.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
i would put a CIA on my car but with new englands weather you never know.. im not down for hydro locking lol but i like that.