dramatic rpm drop, almost stalls out

cooki3monstr

snarf
hey everyone. i have a 93 acura integra rs, and it has had a few problems recently.

i was throwing code 7, so i bought a new tps sensor, put that in and im no longer running a code 7.
but now im getting a code 3, and my car is acting up. i'll start the car, and it starts ok, and the rpms almost immediately drop to 1k. whenever i give it throttle, the rpms will drastically drop, and the car almost stalls. once i release the gas pedal, rpms go back up and its fine again.

ive bought a new MAP sensor, and its coming in the mail...im hoping its that, but do you guys have any input on this?

ive recently installed an o2 sensor as well, could that be it?

cooki3monstr

snarf
Ok, thanks. i'll do that tomorrow.
how exactly should i go about doing that? are there certain things i should be on the look out for or what?

Man A

homewreker
youll need a pressure gauge. you can get em at a parts store. hell, maybe your fuel fiter is bad. when was the last time it was changed?

cooki3monstr

snarf
well i took off the cat, and bolted on a test pipe... didnt make any difference.
i have to go to autozone or whatever to get a fuel pressure gauge.

now it just stalls out whenever i start it. it'll start and run for half a second, not even that, and then it just stalls.

*update*

now im im throwing codes 3 and 7.

i can hear the fuel pump prime the fuel or whatever, so i know its not my main fuel relay or my fuel pump.

Last edited:

cooki3monstr

snarf
*update*

so i replaced the fuel filter, and it didnt do anything. i can definitely hear my pump priming though.
i checked all of the spark plugs, and they seem ok. theyre pretty black though, so i guess im running rich?

anyway, now it wont stall out unless i apply the gas. it idles very roughly around 1k rpms, but right when i hit the gas, the rpms drop and it'll eventually stall out if i hold it in long enough.

cooki3monstr

snarf
im such a fuckin idiot. the TPS connector and the MAP connector were mixed up..
lol so now it starts and idles ok, doesnt stall out even if i depress the gas pedal. but im still throwing codes 3 and 7..
do you think switching the connections fried the sensors?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol!

Good one! I probably could have made the same mistake...

I'm sure the codes are just stored in your ECU. Reset the ecu and hope that they don't come back.