Maintenance light blinks 10 times...need help

I_rock_DC

\m/(-_-)\m/
I'm a noob but anyways when I started up my car the maintenance light blinks 10 times. Anyone know what does that mean? Is it just like a warning letting you know that you need or what not?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its recomennded that you take your car into service if you do dealership service. in accessory mode, 2nd click in the ignition search for a button under the dash on the right side of the driver side. should be right next to the deck area. press and hold and it will disapear. You can also remove the pannel its 3 screws. 2 visible and one in the coin tray. remove it and theres a green cable which goes to a box. remove it.

heykosal

Angkorian
yeah usually it blinks during start up before it becomes solidly lit.

ryan0924

hey mine does the same thing.......did u just reset yours or did u find out if there was a problem

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
hey mine does the same thing.......did u just reset yours or did u find out if there was a problem
It's just a reminder. The maintanence light is supposed to come on at oil change intervals. You're just supposed to reset it when you change your oil. If the light is blinking, it means it's about to come on and stay on. So you either need to change your oil, or the light wasn't reset last time it was done.

I have a maintenance light however mine only comes on the shuts off when I start the car, never blinks never nothing.. I have never reset it either... hummm!