found an ls/vtec for sale. could someone help me out and let me kno if its worth it?

bmac2134

alright so i sold my integra a couple of days ago to buy one with a clean body and vtec. i found this ls/vtec one here and i kno that they are somewhat unreliable if not done right. heres the posting it would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me kno if it would be worth the money or if i should just pass it up and look for a gsr in my price range.. thanks...

heres the listing - http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2178597072.html

mirrorimg

Unless he can show you a receipt for a professional shop doing the work, I would pass on it.

bmac2134

alright, yah im deff goin to ask him about that. but as far as the engine build on it goes would you say that the internals on it should hold up pretty well?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
alright, yah im deff goin to ask him about that. but as far as the engine build on it goes would you say that the internals on it should hold up pretty well?
pictures don't mean much. Sure it looks clean but that thing could preform like ass or break down on you. Either do the LS vtec yourself or buy a gsr.

bmac2134

yah thats what im worried about haha, i would be taking a look at it and test drive it before i would ever buy it too, im just tryin to see what you guys would think because i dont kno all that much about engines and wanted to get a few oppinions on it so thanks for the input and more than likely im goin to pass on it cuz the guy is sayin that he lost the receipts wen he moved haha

01FTW

OK, we are a NON-LSVTEC promoting forum. We cant stress enough the fact that once you buy a car with that frankenshit setup, you will EVENTAULLY regret. Whether it be in a month or a year, when you spin a bearing youll look back at these posts and wish you hadnt bought the piece os shit LS-VTEC.

Mine, like MANY other people who have had that shit, blew up. And supposedly the shop that did mine did it "the right way". But like another member of this forum had said in a previous thread (whose name I forget), there is no right way to do LS-VTEC. Yes you can do it "right" in the sense that it may last a little longer, but still it will fail and its usually always the bottom end that goes to shit fast.

Dont fuckin do it, those high maintenence motors arent worth the hassle.

bmac2134

yah... i think i will just waith for a clean gsr to pop up for sale in my area haha thanks for the input