So... my tire exploded

Evul9

As the title says, On the way back home from college my tire decided to explode @75mph so I am definitely replacing that one and the other back one so that one dosent go too... so my question is, any suggestions for a summer tire that won't break the bank and is preferably readily accessible? My wheels are 17x7 so I guess a 205/40r17 tire would be the best fit. .. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

96LSteg

Jemel
Khumo Ecsta's HERE

Or

Nexens (cant remember the model name) HERE - For all 4 I paid like ~$400 so 2 should be half that.

Last edited:

Evul9

Thanks, I am also looking at the Yokohama S. Drives. ... opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

R13

The other asshole
S-drives are good, A lot of place have old ones though, Tire rack has new direzza dz102's in stock (New as in fresh (Made less than a few months ago)

GA TEG

Toyo extensa hp, buy from tiresdirect.net !!!

DC2HOG

B18DC1
So you're running a 17x7 205/40/17 , is your car lowered on CoilOvers or stock height ? Trying to pick between 16's & 17's for my ALL 100% Stock 97 GSR & I'm putting CoilOvers on so I can being it down to the exact height to fit whatever size rim I do pick, but I would prefer a 17 to fill the wheelwell better but I don't want to run or have to buy another set of rims cause I picked the wrongs size. I just plan on using CoilOvers to bring the stance to the best looking place with my Car/Rims, ya know

chrislee89

Man I know primewells are cheap but for $75 a tire mounted and balanced and mine are also 17x7 205/40/17 they ride pretty nice no ride noise and are great for all weather

94RS

No fucks given.
Prime wells are pure garbage. A brand new set came on my car when I bought it. They suck in the rain, scream like hell when cornering any faster than 25mph and are just all around trash.