Eagle rods CRS-5394-B

Antx

Eagle rods CRS-5394-B

I have these came from a friend.

And nowadays I'm collecting parts for more power from my B18A2 (more/less same as B18A1)

Do these rods fit to B18A1 ?
I will use 81mm forged pistons.

mirrorimg

Want to fill me in on what exactly you are going to do with this build?

Those rods will enable the bottom end to spin safely up to the higher RPMs, granted you have the crank balanced at that RPM. Your big restriction is going to be the P75 or PR4 head that you have. It has very poor flow characteristics.

Are you going to stay N/A or eventually go with a turbocharger? I would assume you are staying N/A considering this is the all motor forum, but its worth asking.

Antx

Thanx for the info.

I can't afford a vtec head for the moment, as I'm in Turkey and these old parts are still expensive here and not found much since the Integra Type-Rs were never officially sold in Turkey.

I already have a small T3 turbo running at 15 psi with almost stock elements.
I bought a T3/T4 turbo and will use this turbo at this setup for 350-400 HP setup.

I have 440cc injectors, arp studs, acl race bearings, etc.

Antx

so : do these rods fit my engine ?
And are these rods good for a turbo setup.
This is my question actually..

mirrorimg

You will still make power with an LS since you're going turbo. The turbo will cram air into the combustion chamber, so the restriction (while its still there) does not effect is nearly as much as an N/A application.

If you are shooting for over 300 HP, I suggest you sleeve the block. Your cylinder walls wont hold up to that abuse for long (though some people get lucky and dont have any issues, but I wouldnt trust them to be reliable for a length of time).

Yes they will fit, and are superior to stock rods, which probably wouldn't hold up to the power you are shooting for.
http://www.eaglerod.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=32

Antx

thanx for the info..
people say that stock sleeves are good for 400-450 HP . I have a supertech blockguard too.
actually I will have daily street use @ 350~400 HP (max)

So, do you think for a long and RELIABLE use, dartons are a "must" ?

mirrorimg

If I was going for that much HP, I would spend the extra money on sleeves.

I wouldnt use a block guard, it restricts coolant flow and creates hot spots on cylinder walls, leading to failure. Do some research on it, and see if you still want to use them.

Antx

I did a research.. many people of course recommend darton sleeves, but the budget is going out of control by this way.. :)

anyway.. do you also recommend "ACL Race" bearings ?
Are these better than stock ?