Pro-Fabrication in Concord, N.C., my Hytech header repair *pics*

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I found this place Pro-Fabrication, Inc. online that can fix my Hytech header. Has anyone ever been there? It looks like a pretty quality joint, an article was even done about their shop in a major car mag, can't remember which right now. They have some serious machinery at their shop. I may call them up tomorrow, get a quote and stuff.

www.profabrication.com

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I kicked it's ass like a month after I got it put on. I was at a used car joint looking for a winter beater. They had a really steep driveway that went down, but it wasn't a very long driveway. At the bottom of the dip where it flattens out level, there were 2 huge holes. I couldn't see them because of the angle I was at driving down. I went right down into them and badly dented the lower 2 primaries. I didn't realize it had even happened until this spring when I was under there doing an oil change. I'll post pics when I take it off.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I got my header off today, I am gonna send it out to these guys. Here's the damage:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Damn. You might have to get a new one. I wonder how much it'll cost you.

Curious, how much was the header when you bought it new?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I got the header, Hytech's high flow cat and Hytech full exhaust with the twin loop all used for $1,550. That header by itself is $1,300 new. I think they can fix it....click on their website and look at the serious equipment they have at that joint! Click on "Service" and see how they fix headers. They gave me a price range of $250-$400, they won't know until they can look at it for themselves, of course. So whatever it costs, it's worth it for this header.

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I was guessing it was over $1200.

If you find anyone selling the Hytech exhaust (any part of it) let me know.

Hope you get that fixed!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I found the link to the magazine article done on this shop, HERE.

I shipped out the header today, they'll get it on Wed or Thu. Cost $24.90 to ship + $14.25 for delivery confirmation and insurance = $39, USPS Priority.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Hmmm....I've never dealt with video on the computer....recording, uploading or posting it. Guess it's time to teach myself. My digital camera can record 30 seconds of video, I believe. It has about the same volume level as my Apexi WS did which I like, but honestly I liked the sound of the WS better. It had a deeper tone, the Hytech has more midrange growl to it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My header's fixed, and it only cost me $75! Pro Fab recieved it today, opened it up, fix it in about 1 hour, packaged it back up and shipped it back out today via UPS. All they had to do was heat it up and bang out the dents by shoving a properly sized rod down the tubing. Replacing the whole primary wasn't necessary, thank God. I won't have it back until Thursday at the soonest, they told me. I just hope it looks good, hope they got it pretty cylindrical with not much warping or wrinkles.
But hey, can get much better turn around time than 1 day, lol. Their receptionist Rhonda is really nice, and her southern accent is cute, hehe. So all around a great experience with this place, but we'll see how my header looks before I give them the double thumbs up. I'll post pics.