Help Loud Popping Sound

iamzach

Sup guys...I just recently lowered my DA on some tein s springs and installed some gabriel struts as well. A few weeks after the installation my car makes a popping sound whenever I turn. It sounds like something popping into or out of place. It comes from all 4 corners of the car, not at the same time, but it happens on all 4 corners. Sometime it will pop once, sometimes twice. I have jacked the car up, cant see anything visually wrong. Anyone have any ideas? Theories? I feel the car is unsafe and want to get it fixed asap.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
did you jack it up check all the bolts to start off wih then, idk. how much did you lower it?and what size are your tires

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
I dont know whats wrong but until you figure out what is wrong, you shouldnt drive it. For your safety and others

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
sounds like cv joints/axles..I'm in need of a driver's side cv axle myself. shit like that happens when you lower your car.

emd513

Double check all ur mounting bolts for tightness. After that look at ur munting area n see if there r any stress marks r cracks. It sounds like ur body is tweaking n turns.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
When I put my camber kit on after a couple of weeks it started to squeek and pop when I would brake or turn hard. I found that both upper a arms were missing the nuts on one of the two bolts. I was furious. I had them professionally installed. I haven't called Skunk2 yet, but I plan on giving them an earful...

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
probably worn lca bushings, i have the same problem

emd513

if you find out that your bolts and nuts are loose i suggest going out and buying some loc tight and putting on everything you just installed. be your safest bet so it doesnt happen again...lowazzteg if you had it professionally installed i would go to the people that installed it not skunk2 and tell them to fix it. they should have put loc tight on it to begin with. just saying that might get u work done for free

Last edited: