ITR intake on GSR?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I just picked up a 2001 GSR and am wondering if the stock ITR intake will fit.
No, different bolt pattern. Skunk2's pro intake manifold is identical to the ITR OEM one. Don't forget to buy an ITR throttle body cable stay.

Joe383

Oops I should have been a little clearer. I meant the air box not the intake manifold. I plan on keeping the stock GSR intake. Just looking at doing light mods to the car.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Yes the air box would fit, it's the same part for these cars so it wouldn't make a difference at all. The ITR arm is different though.

Joe383

So is there any thing I can do to the stock air box that will add any power besides drop a good air filter in the box? Don't like the sound of cold air intakes.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
So is there any thing I can do to the stock air box that will add any power besides drop a good air filter in the box? Don't like the sound of cold air intakes.

DIY icebox, there's a guide to making one on teamintegra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe383

I think a great thing to do would be to buy a CT-Engineering Icebox and use the ITR intake arm.
Will they both work with my stock GSR intake? I want the engine bay to stay mostly stock looking, clean and don't want my car to sound real loud but do want an aggressive sporty sound. My first civic had a full exhaust and a short ram intake and I liked it 10 years ago but today that would annoy me. It sounded good with exhaust and stock intake.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
It should, the ITR throttle body isn't that much bigger. I also think I've seen it done any many setups using a stock GSR throttle body

It's not about the size of the throttle body, itms about how the GSR intake manifold is. The GSR intake has a weird bend to it because the the GSR's IAB's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe383

Ya after looking at the kit today I see they don't have a full kit with type R arm for the GSR :( Looks like I will just do a drop in filter. Will see how I feel about the intake after I do the exhaust system.