Should i go into detailing?

JGvtec

Well as you all my know my names Jordan and i love cleaning and detailing cars in my spare time, also i have made a thread called What car care products do you use? It has come to a point where i don't know if i could make it a job or not. Nothing else really interest's me and i want to get some feed back from you guy's and gal's here.

So my dad's thinking i should go the route to detailing car's. If i think about it, its something that i have always liked doing and made me feel really good about. My family recently purchased a storage building that we have used to store other people's boats, and my dad said that all i would really need are the materials and customers. As of right now im reading up on some material about detailing. Since i already have a heated area with drains and a water hose. What would you guy's think about this? Options?

I came up with some numbers i need to compete with other place so the prices are ball parked. Input is welcome.
I changed the pricing.

#1 HAND WASH

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
45 MINUTES
20 CARS/ 25 TRUCKS

#2 HAND WASH/ HAND WAX

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
APPLY WAX AND REMOVE BY HAND
1.5 HOURS
45 CARS/ 55 TRUCKS

#3 MACHINE WAX

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
BUFF AND WAX VEHICLE WITH MACHINE.
2.5 HOURS
85 CARS/ 95 TRUCKS

#4 COMPLETE DETAIL

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
BUFF AND WAX VEHICLE MACHINE
CONDITION SEATS
SHAMPOO ALL RUGS AND MATS
3.5 HOURS
130 CARS/ 145 TRUCKS

Thanks, Jordan

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
yeah def a good "skill" to have lol can def make some monies, wish i could do it

where my friend works does $500k + rv's and gets payed some crazy amount an hr.

he did my truck back in mid june for $100 and used $500 compound so he says, till this date i only spray it with water to get the dust off and its still smooth as hell, you put a micro fiber drying towel on the hood and it slides off like butter

JGvtec

yeah def a good "skill" to have lol can def make some monies, wish i could do it

where my friend works does $500k + rv's and gets payed some crazy amount an hr.

he did my truck back in mid june for $100 and used $500 compound so he says, till this date i only spray it with water to get the dust off and its still smooth as hell, you put a micro fiber drying towel on the hood and it slides off like butter
Im just throwing i out there. Its very tempting.

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
i would do it. i used to work at a detail shop before i moved and i loved it! detailers make good money. full details at the shop were about 200-300 bucks. it brings great satisfaction when you look at a car filthy as can be and you go in detail it and it looks like new. and you can go beyond just detailing cars. i recently took a job detailing a PLANE.and i made 300 bucks in 3 days.. thats 100 bucks a day. if you really enjoy it like i do, i would get into it. many car washes do detailing as well. you can check them out. i know theres all kinds of detail shops here in florida. so i would say go for it!

Prozon

Kris
Do it! Then detail my car. :D

I absolutely hate doing that kind of stuff, I mean it has to get done.. especially when I buy a new car....
I'd totally pay you, but I get like 90% discount cause we're best buds right??? :)

Prozon

Kris
90% is the best bud discount. You can have 89% off.

Come to think of it, Jordan, I'll manage your business. I need 80% of your profits for... business stuff...

JGvtec

i would do it. i used to work at a detail shop before i moved and i loved it! detailers make good money. full details at the shop were about 200-300 bucks. it brings great satisfaction when you look at a car filthy as can be and you go in detail it and it looks like new. and you can go beyond just detailing cars. i recently took a job detailing a PLANE.and i made 300 bucks in 3 days.. thats 100 bucks a day. if you really enjoy it like i do, i would get into it. many car washes do detailing as well. you can check them out. i know theres all kinds of detail shops here in florida. so i would say go for it!
WOW! Detailing a plane.
Do it! Then detail my car. :D

I absolutely hate doing that kind of stuff, I mean it has to get done.. especially when I buy a new car....
I'd totally pay you, but I get like 90% discount cause we're best buds right??? :)
Haha, hmm how about 60-40? or i think ill go with 100-0. :lol:
do it bro so that way u get ur integra faster :rolf: and i want 90% off too :lol:
I don't have a teggy yet. Still looking for the right one.
Do it, nothing is better than being your own boss and owning your own work
x2 on this!

I don't know pricing and all that stuff though.