Messed up my car today!! need help!

TaffetaDC2

mis shifted into second today from the top of third while racing. my car sounds like a subaru now and my check engine light is flashing. anyone know what it could possibly be? i had it obd2 read, and they said it was misfiring. im getting it fully diagnosed tomorrow but im hoping for a lil bit of knowledge before i go in. any help is greatly appreciated!

J_Jay_B

teg driver
damn son! i did that once buy caught myself before i let the clutch all the way out. i felt the rpm's rising the farther i let the clutch out and my cat like reflexes kicked in... it was like going in slow motion. and thankfully i only let the clutch out about half way before i caught it. i was also going from top of forth to 5th and went into 3rd on accident... that would have been catastrophic at 125 mph

russ_playa

ouch! sorry to hear that, never had anything like that, but i do remember how i tried to engage first gear, and i forgat to clutch in... i still remember that bad feeling i had in my hand when i tried to put it into first.... :S

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
keep driving it and you risk cracking a piston or marking it up bad enough that itll need to replaced. Just when you put a new head on, put on a new timing belt, and water pump, and replace all the seals on that side.