RIP "blue" v.2.0 (MASSIVE BUILD TO COME)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Man, that really sucks! I always like your G2

Sounds like you have a good plan though :thumbs up

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sucks seeing this, I remember fresh paint not to long ago...

Looking forward to the fresh build.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
The tear down begins soon. Taking it off the trailer I towed it home on, today. Probably start ripping it apart on wednesday or thursday. Would like to have the engine etc. out this month as well. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm redoing the engine bay (in a major way) as part of this restoration.

A pretty good tuck will be performed. It won't be the most amazing thing you've ever seen, but it will definitely turn heads when people see it. :)

Thanks for the motivation guys, and just remember, this will take time so keep checking back.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
The build begins TOMORROW!!!!!!

can't fucking wait!!!!!

got pretty much all my parts, going to pick up the c-pillar tomorrow, hopefully. Thanks to a fellow member on there :)

Hopefully I'll have time to pull the motor and start getting rid of wires, etc. and start tucking. After I get all the wires, etc. tucked, it'll be time to begin the shave.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
SO, I got the car out of storage today. I didn't get to make too much progress in the car itself as I only had about 30 minutes to work on it before leaving to go to Laurel, MD to pick up the last few pieces of the puzzle, so to speak. I picked up BOTH rear quarter windows (In almost MINT condition, btw) and this fine piece for a scant $80...

I'm not off again until thursday, so that's about all I'm gonna be able to do for now. Thursday, the rear part of the interior is coming out so I can provide easy access to the c-pillar section so the body shop can cut out the old, and weld in the new.

Before the car goes to the body shop, the motor will be pulled and a wire tuck/bay shave will be performed by me :) already have a welder on loan from my uncle, and have been doing some practicing, and have pretty much got it down to an exact science, lol. I'm not tackling the big part (c-pillar) because, even though I feel good welding small spots, I'm not comfortable enough with something that is critical to the car's structure. I'll leave THAT part to the professionals. I'm saving a load of money by doing the rest myself.

Hoping to have the interior out by mid thursday, and have the motor pretty much ready to pull by the time i wrap up for the day, around 6-7pm. then, first thing friday, pull the motor, fenders, etc. and get to work on the tuck. i need to buy a hole-saw bit for my drill. what sizes would you seasoned "tuckers" recommend? also, good places to get the appropriate sized grommets, etc. for protecting the wiring as it passes through the fender wells.

Thanks, people.

It begins...

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
Ill be waiting to see this when I go to ECHM 2010.
I'm hoping its gonna be done by then. As long as I can get enough dedicated time to it, it shall be. 2 kids, though, take priority. If they'll allow it, and mommy can handle some "parental overtime" for a few days a week, for the next couple weeks, then I think we're in business. This damn weather better cooperate, too. Mother Nature is a nasty cunt who has tried to stop me TWICE, now. But I'm in it to prove that, while a powerful mean cunt, that even a little guy like me can give Mother Nature, the meanest cunt of all, the ultimate CUNT PUNT!!!

mirrorimg

LOL you do your thing Jake. I hope you are able to finish it in time, but even if you dont, Im sure I will see it sooner or later. ;)

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
quick question, people...

I've been toying with the idea, lately...

color match my ViS carbon fiber hood, or no?