RIP "blue" v.2.0 (MASSIVE BUILD TO COME)

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
Ditch the fiberglass/CF overlay for a metal hood.
no way, nucca. My CF hood fits really good. I like the lightness of it. I think, what I might do is color match the top part of the hood, but leave the underside black, and do some airbrush work on the underside. I'm tossing around some "slogans" and designs to put underneath. I've always been a fan of "abstract" kind of things in engine bays.

I'm thinking of a grafitti themed version of my screen name on every other messageboard i'm on: "imcnblu" (which also happens to be on my license plates)

maybe a dedication to my kids underneath. not sure. wanna have something kind of abstract with it.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i'd color match the cf hood if its damaged... but if its still nice and clean, i'd leave it alone. thats me tho. you do you.

mirrorimg

Its a side post battery, you you need some hardware to mount wires to it.

Like this: Should be able to get some at the local autoparts store.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
FUH-KEENG BUMMED :(

So, I just talked to the body shop that is going to be doing the structural repair on the car...
To do all the stuff that I really want to do with the car, it will never be done in time for the mega-meet on May 29th. With my ridiculous work schedule, I won't have enough spare time to get the tuck and shave done in a reasonable amount of time. Then, the body shop says its going to take at least 3 weeks to do the structural repair, and fixing a rust spot. So, after figuring all this into equation, I won't be done until mid-June. So, since I can't get all that done in time, I'm just gonna get the structural stuff fixed, tuck what I can, relocate the battery (WHICH CAME IN TODAY!!!), and install the JDM side-markers before I paint it.

I'm bummed, big time. I really wanted this thing done, the way I wanted it for the meet. But, its just not realistic at this point. The shave will have to wait until I do my swap (hopefully this time next year). At least the car is going to look great everywhere else. Just not as nice under the hood, as I wanted it to. Oh well, guess the hood's gonna stay closed for the meet. :(

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I

fitment isn't TOOO bad, for those that express concern about the battery not fitting in the box. I will likely put some foam padding on each side to eliminate movement, and to help in vibration resistance. the only area that isn't "close" is the width. Its about a half inch too wide for the box. So, I'll be using some shims or something to ensure the box gets secured to the car in a sturdy fashion
about 1/8" short

about 1/2" too wide

I also just ordered a set of JDM side-markers, brand new in OEM packaging for $45 shipped. sexy time!

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
ordered these (JDM side markers) yesterday afternoon, at around 4pm EST. As of 5:45pm EST yesterday (same day they were ordered) they have been shipped. less than 2 hours after ordering, I have confirmed that they are already on the way. AWESOME speed in service...

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/jdmda6insima.html

hopefully they get here in the next few days. They'll be installed on Sunday, if so.

pepsilude

^^^ thats some fast service.

Will it be painted in time for the meet? Glad to see the build is in action

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
looking like it. I just won't be able to tuck/shave the bay to the extent that i wanted to. a MILD tuck is getting started on sunday, but nothing too crazy.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
so, as of 2pm today, the side markers have arrived. Brand new, still in factory bubble wrap. WIN!
took 72 hrs, from the time i clicked "submit order" to the time they were at my door step. how kickass is that?
might put them in tomorrow ;)