RIP "blue" v.2.0 (MASSIVE BUILD TO COME)

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
worked on it all day...

PS and all associated lines are GONE. just need to loop the remaining lines at the rack (plugged the lines for now, to prevent too much from leaking out.

AC and all its related components are GONE.
Hit a couple roadblocks...
First, I guess it looks like I'm color matching my CF hood :( There are a few MAJOR cracks in it now, and I'm not gonna be able to just sand down into it and lay new clear on it, the weave is cracked in 3 places, and they are long cracks, about 9" long. No fucking bueno. So, looks like I'm gonna be feathering those out, and sanding the shit out of the hood to be color matched. I'm not too thrilled about it honestly. I WAS just gonna touch it up and leave the CF weave visible. Plans changed.

Second, I can't mount my new smaller battery in either of the two places I had lined up until I remove all the ABS components, which I don't have the time/money to do right now. So, I'm gonna store the battery for now, and just get a new OEM replacement battery so I can get it running. So, the relocated battery is gonna have to wait until I do the LS/VTEC swap and I'll have the motor out, and have the patience to delete the ABS appropriately. Also, I can't figure out what is all connected to the damn charcoal canister, and haven't had a chance to read up on it online. Anyone have input on that piece of shit? What needs to be done to eliminate it, because there looks to be more to it than I originally thought.

Since I no longer have AC, can I remove the fan that was wired with it? It's the one on the passenger side of the radiator, correct? If so, I want it out of there, because its big, and bulky. A major eye-sore. Since I no longer have an AC compressor to necessitate it, its really not serving any purpose now, is it?

Anyway, the engine bay has a lot more room on the drivers side. When I do my LSVTEC swap next year, I'll have a shit ton of space on the passenger side. Not to mention the wires will be tucked, and the bay will be shaved. When I can do the swap, is when all the major tucking/relocating/removing takes place.

So, Basically, all that's left in the engine bay, since I can't really do what I WANTED to do (at least not in a reasonable amount of time, nor is it within my budget) all I need to do is...

*Get an OEM spec battery and hook it back up
*Loop the lines on the PS rack, etc.
*Reconnect a few vacuum lines that I undid for clearance, etc.
*Degrease and clean the engine bay
*Put intake back on
*Enjoy

Then, I take it to the body shop, where they are gonna do their magic with the c-pillar. Should have it back within 3 weeks, then I'm painting it. Gonna take the 5zigen wheel that got a little cosmetic damage done to it, to a friend of my dad's who is an awesome aluminum welder so he can touch up the chip in it, then I'm painting the wheels (again). Then, drive this motherfucker down to Richmond on May 29th to have butt-sex with Ricky at the meet.

I just won't be popping my hood :(

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
made some good progress under the hood today...
pics later, in a hurry.

*got the deka battery installed (laid it down in OEM location, fits GREAT)
*ran new wires from the battery to the fuse box, and battery to starter (started 100x better. old wires were horribly corroded and old)
*took out the AC fan, and re-did the wiring per Kyle's direction. Thanks, sir.
*Put my intake, etc. back on. need a new filter. I believe I'll be investing in the BPi Flowstack now that I have plenty of extra room in that area :)

Tomorrow, I'll be cutting the fenders for the JDM side-markers, and installing them completely. Then, putting the car back together 100% to be dropped off at the body shop first thing monday morning.

MECHANICALLY, the car is DONE. I'm just doing the side markers before I take it to the shop. after the structural repair, its going to my uncle's paint booth for new paint (AGAIN). ALMOST DONE.

I didn't get to do as much as I wanted to in the bay. I didn't get to do really any wire tucking. But, oh well. The car needs to be running sooner than I planned originally. So, it can wait until I do the swap before I do any of that. I just need to degrease and detail the bay a bit. A bit of grease and power steering fluid built up on the driver's side. Plus, its just plain dirty. So, a good power wash should do wonders. It won't be the cleanest bay ever, but it'll be MUCH nicer than when I started.

Again, pics will be up later. I'm in a hurry. Time to get showered up, and out to dinner with some friends.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
yes. i shall be there. sorry about last night. dinner at buffalo wild wings ran into the 11pm range, so when I got home, I was ready to crash. pics as promised, albeit a little late...

working on routing on of the ground cables on the new battery:

new battery installed (hadn't installed the new wires for fuse box and starter at this point)

AC and PS GONE!

AC fan out...

Yeah, I got a little more done after these pics were taken but the battery died on the cam. nothing worth snapping anyway. Yeah, the bay is greasy down where the ac/ps used to be. there was a ps fluid leak at one point. the whole bay is getting sprayed down with degreaser and a good pressure wash. then once the worst of it is out, I'll be hand scrubbing the rest to get it looking good again. IF I can get the bolts out, I'm gonna remove the heatshield and hit it with some hi-temp flat black, just to clean up the bay a little bit.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
I hath lied to a fellow ninja. I haz failed @ friend.

wait...

what's that directly above your post?

I haz sukseeded.