Muckman's 500hp Integra Hytech GT30R

96LSteg

Jemel
Im sure you probably don't DD that car...but how reliable is that set up and I would imagine that you would need an amazing tuner...im doing a High Compression all motor setup. We don't have a lot of E85 stations here in North Carolina but if we did I would definitely try this setup....you inspire me :) lol

Muckman

Not a M0derator
No. Once I turbocharged it stopped being a DD. I have a nice stock Evo 9 MR for that. In regards to reliability, it's not. I'll be honest I'm a wreck driving this car because it makes me so nervous. I've had more than my fair share of issues, blown motors at the track or stranded on the side of the road. But to be fair none of these issues are a result of the compression. Once you start really modifying reliability goes out the window.

OLDSKOOLACURA

No. Once I turbocharged it stopped being a DD. I have a nice stock Evo 9 MR for that. In regards to reliability, it's not. I'll be honest I'm a wreck driving this car because it makes me so nervous. I've had more than my fair share of issues, blown motors at the track or stranded on the side of the road. But to be fair none of these issues are a result of the compression. Once you start really modifying reliability goes out the window.
True that....and nice DD lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

96LSteg

Jemel
gotcha! i still love this car either way....i like how you made something work that normally wouldn't work

pr1nc3

Wow very nice i can only think of one person who has a nicer setup here in arizona and thats scoot at locash racing. Your car is beyond nice and keep up the good work

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Fall 2012:
-Discovered poor valve seal in Dart head due to worn valve guides. Evidence of reversion into intake runners and oil contamination by way of valve seals/wobbly valves. Very confident this was the cause of sine wave in my torque graph.
-Bent 2 wrist pins.
-Pulled pistons found 1 broken piston ring and oil squirters were slightly contacting piston skirts.
-Debris from skirts chewed up bearings.

Mad at myself for making newb mistakes but happy I caught all of this before it manifested into catastrophic engine failure. Despite all this the engine still made 597whp running 10volts because the alternator failed. It’s safe to say there was a lot of power left on the table for 2013.

Spring 2013:
-Head is fixed. New valve guides, seals and valve job.
-.225" tool steel wrist pins
-New ACL bearings
-Saved crank with a micropolish
-Custom Wiseco pistons, same compression 8.25cc dome, strutted pin boss, thicker ring lands, thicker dome, ceramic coated domes and moly coated skirts.
-Bored block to 85mm and copper O-ringed
-Same everything else.

At this point I’m fairly sure I hold the overall power record on a GT3076R. I do not want to move up to a larger turbo because more power is not needed. My goal has always been to max out the 3076 and I think there is another 50hp left in it as we were only at 23psi peak in 2012.

Swerve

Shawn
How did you make a b18c1 a 2 Liter? Ive heard of it before Im just curious whay exactly needs to happen.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I’m running an LS crank which is 89mm. And its bored to 85mm (was 84.5mm last year).
Technically its 2020cc.