Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Apparently there's a lot of unicorns for sale on ebay....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EBR-Erik-Buell-Racing-B2-Barracuda-2-Prototype-Bodywork/202239476086?_trkparms=aid=777003&algo=DISCL.MBE&ao=2&asc=44040&meid=767974a85915431e93587ab7a7e9123d&pid=100012&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=202227891926&itm=202239476086&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985

That's a bunch of bodywork from the never released Barracuda. The bike that was built and ready to be shipped weeks before HD shut Buell down, then crushed all of the bikes that were already made.

It got a facelift and a second chance at life a few years later...

Imagine if a company were to scoop those panels up and reproduce them for 1125 and 1190 owners.

R13

The other asshole
I’d buy the shit out of an RX if I could get my hands on some barracuda fairings for it :lol:

Still don’t understand how Erik went from the Ducati looking barracuda to the ninja 250 looking shit on the RX

94RS

No fucks given.
Most likely scenario was that Erik filed the patent for the design under HD ownership, and when they shut down Buell, they kept the patent. The headlights are straight from the 1125R.

Edit: they look like the 1125 headlights, but they're a bit larger.

It's actually happened with a bunch of his patents. Two off the top of my head, the underslung exhaust that, and the trademark name on the ZTL caliper.

Compare the late XB/1125 ZTL2 to the EBR caliper. Clearly the same exact f***ing thing, but wasn't able to use the name.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

Definitely could’ve come up with a better headlight design though. The EBR is a sick bike from the riders perspective, but then you get off and look at the front and it’s just cringe :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I don’t understand why they wouldn’t stick with the setup that the RS had.

I mean, sure it was an early 2000s Ducati knockoff, but it was better than that led thing.

R13

The other asshole
My guess would be the cost of the projectors, I’m sure Erik is the type of guy that would either use high quality projectors, or none at all :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I’d assume that those were from the same company that supplied the Firebolt’s projectors. :what:

R13

The other asshole
I saw a white/blue ‘09 the other day... stock exhaust though because I couldn’t hear it :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Obviously the race pipe is a lot louder, but if you’re actually on the bike with a stock pipe, it doesn’t sound too bad.

94RS

No fucks given.
I flew past someone riding a Grom when I first got the bike and they couldn’t hear it. You actually have to be on it to hear the thing :lol:

With the race pipe, I’m told that you can hear from blocks away, but it’s not obnoxious sounding like a Sporty with straight pipes.