Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Craziest Ruck ever....

Seen this thing at Winterfest. That seat is made from three pieces of cut up tire with a metal pan underneath. Damn near got raped when he let me try to sit on it...

94RS

No fucks given.
dude i was just looking at some rucks on youtube...........i think i want one lol
Check out Planet Ruckus on YouTube/FB. Those are the dudes I ride with.

These stupid little scooters are fun as shit though (even though I have a clone lol), and they draw attention wherever you go. I literally can't go to the gas station that's two blocks away without being questioned by someone at a stop sign.

Other news, I just got done lowering my seat frame.

Borrowed angle grinder + $5 dremel (smooth out rough areas) > $85 aftermarket frame that won't fit.

I still have to put those two front legs in a vice to flatten them, drill holes for the bolts and I may even have to completely chop the rear mounts off since it doesn't look like it'll clear.

And I still haven't been able to put a single mile on since I threw in the BBK.... Two weeks ago. Hopefully my damn jets will be here today.

96LSteg

Jemel
thats who I was watching. I figured thats who you rode with I recognized one of the rucks you posted earlier (maroon and gold one with the skinny rear wheel). Thats what made me keep watching

94RS

No fucks given.
Iron man... Great bike. I take it you seen the crazy, half assed wheelies he used to do on it then :lol:

96LSteg

Jemel
yes and the burnouts and donuts. Those things are awesome! I have a question tho and this may sound stupid but here goes:

I know those skoots dont have enough torque for you to do a burnout while the rider is sitting down, so are those guys that were doing burnouts that way modifying there skoots to give them the torque to do that or what? and same for the wheelie is he standing it up off of the throttle or is he pulling it up?

94RS

No fucks given.
The stock 50s that come on Rucks (called a GET motor), are only good to about 65mph, and that's with an insane amount of modifications to them which just isn't worth it.

The most common engine swap is the GY6, a 150cc that can do 65mph in stock form, it's just a pain in the ass to wire up, but it's worth it.

Combine a GY6 with a big bore kit, and depending on the size, I've seen them run from 75-85 with a 160 kit, to over 90 with a 180 kit. All of those have trans mods as well: racing clutch/springs heavy duty variator, heavier roller weights in the variator, etc...

He pulls the front up due to the stretch, but I'd think that an unstretched GY6 Ruck with 2000RPM clutch springs would be a wheelie machine :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Valve nut?

There's your problem :lol:
Yup.. It was there when I put the shit back together... Jets came in today, got it dialed in and it was still smoking pulled the valve cover to check the valves and there ya go....

How fucked am I...?

R13

The other asshole
Fine as long as it didn't fall in anything and bend/cut/break it, Try to find it if you haven't yet.

I would get better screws/bolts and possibly re tap the threads so it doesn't happen again.

You'll need lock nuts too.