My GS-R is blowing white smoke

mikeman990

My 99 integra GS-R started blowing a lot of smoke from the exhaust pipe 2 nights ago I took it around the block and the acceleration was jumpy at higher rpm should I get the oil changed or radiator fluid, or coolant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Is it overheating? Eating coolant? Burning oil? What's the compression like? Does it smoke thick white all the time or only high rpm?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Did this just randomly start happening or did you have car troubles recently? White smoke is usually an indication of the head gasket failing and releasing water into the combustion chamber. Check your coolant reservoir for water loss.
- Aaron

99TegLs

Step 1. Take off OIL cap.
Step 2. Look for milky colored OIL
Step 3. If its there, cry, because your headgasket is done for.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Step 1. Take off OIL cap.
Step 2. Look for milky colored OIL
Step 3. If its there, cry, because your headgasket is done for.
Is this true just for Integras? My moms VW Jetta has that milky crap on the cap and it's not from a head gasket, the PCV system, specifically the valve, is not working anymore.

yoshi408

Is this true just for Integras? My moms VW Jetta has that milky crap on the cap and it's not from a head gasket, the PCV system, specifically the valve, is not working anymore.
Yes the oil cap will have milky colored oil in it, i know from experience when HG blew on my DA, and pvc valve is for venting vapors from the crank case.

mikeman990

I read on another forum that I put too much oil in it so I'm gonna drain some out and my coolant tank is full and everything else is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

randomhobo

automagic user
Oil smoke is blue, water/coolant smoke is white.

Milky oil (looks like chocolate milk) crap around the oil cap can but is not defiantly the head gasket, it could be a faulty pcv system.

easiest thing to do is drain the coolant and see if there is any oil in the coolant, it will be easily recognizable.

Hope this helps.

randomhobo

automagic user
Also just a thought, how long have you had the car?
If the white smoke is only for a few minutes after you started it could simply be the moisture from the exhaust burning off as it warms up after a cool night or damp night.