Auto Transmission Fluid

j13

Keep It Clean
alright so i figured out that the fluid is low, i went and bought 9 quarts for 75 dollars, drain and refilling it 3 times tomorrow.
i see you read post #12 a little late.
let us know if it fixes the problem.

i did read when the car doesn't shift when its cold, its 100% perfectly normal. you just gotta let the engine warm up a little. you do know your transmission has an oil cooler right? when your engine warms up your transmission is warming up also. just let the car warm up for 5 minutes before you drive and youll be good.

PioneerLS

yeah if i rev it up a bit it doesnt do it, but yeah ill be draining and filling tomorrow, the fluid was really low, i had a hard time reading it before but when i read it today i found this out.

phatintegra

Banned
i see you read post #12 a little late.
let us know if it fixes the problem.

i did read when the car doesn't shift when its cold, its 100% perfectly normal. you just gotta let the engine warm up a little. you do know your transmission has an oil cooler right? when your engine warms up your transmission is warming up also. just let the car warm up for 5 minutes before you drive and youll be good.
If he does not know the oil cooler is inside the stock radiator. My suggestion is get a aluminum aftermarket radiator with a external oil cooler. It does so much wonder.

Like he said above you need to let the engine warm up a bit to thinner out the trans oil thru each gearing.

PioneerLS

changed it, shifts a lot more consistent and smooth now :D