HID retrofit

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Does anyone sell ready made retro fit headlights for us 3rd gen guys? I know there was someone doing it for DC5's at one point

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Ohh snap bro. Keep this thread posted. And let me know what they say.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
they told me $750..

Thanks for taking interest in our retrofitting services. Your overall cost
will depend based on what kind of projectors you wish to use. The most
common setup would be the TSX projectors. For this, if you wish to
purchase parts from us, you are looking to spend $750 plus shipping for
labor, TSX projectors, brand new OEM slim Denso ballasts, brand new OEM
Philips D2S bulbs, and direct plug and play relay wiring harness.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Hell yeah bro your the shyt!!! I'd pay 750 for that dude. I looked up how to make em them tax headlights aren't cheap hither. LOL.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
yea.. stock replacements are like $600 and it's like $500 or more to do the retrofit on your own.. $750 isn't bad.. as soon as i get a few more things squared away on my car i plan to order these

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
yea.. stock replacements are like $600 and it's like $500 or more to do the retrofit on your own.. $750 isn't bad.. as soon as i get a few more things squared away on my car i plan to order these
Exactly what I was planning to do. Again nice find bro!!

Ryan659

I read somewhere that putting on hid lights on a car that wasn't manufactured with them is illegal. Is that right? Has anyone received a fix it ticket for it?

tork_sd89

Baywatch
I read somewhere that putting on hid lights on a car that wasn't manufactured with them is illegal. Is that right? Has anyone received a fix it ticket for it?
Nope.. most the time you'll get a ticket if they're too blue or blinding the shit out of everyone.. running 8k 35w DDM HID's in my teg right now.. before that i had the same kit in my eclipse and that was in reflective housings.. never got a ticket with those either...

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
^^ theses are oem retrofit, wont get ticket.. you might get ticket for hids in Ca.. but retrofit is where its at, smooth, clear, crisp light without the blinding people.

I would do it that swap out those ugly headlight plastic lens for oem.

Ryan659

Nope.. most the time you'll get a ticket if they're too blue or blinding the s*** out of everyone.. running 8k 35w DDM HID's in my teg right now.. before that i had the same kit in my eclipse and that was in reflective housings.. never got a ticket with those either...
With that noted, this project is definitely getting added to the list.