alternator belt adjustment nut stuck

yangstaboi101

ok i got replacing my alternator belt but the adjusting nut will not move and theres not that much space to work with! what do you guys do when a nut is stuck and wont move. i tired wd40 no help!

i also called around to see how much it would cost to install the belt. the cost is more than the belt itself. i got price from 58-80$ is that right?

Last edited:

Cman46290

what engine do you have? GSR? GS?

The GSR calls for about 0.7 tenths of an hour book time... so depending on the hourly rate of the shop and labor guide they may charge anywhere from 0.7-1.0... so id say anywhere from 60-100 approx in just labor.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

That does sound about right for labor. Get yourself a proper socket or extension if need be. Don't quit, it's not all that hard, just need to break it loose.

yangstaboi101

That does sound about right for labor. Get yourself a proper socket or extension if need be. Don't quit, it's not all that hard, just need to break it loose.
exactly man thats what i said! i can reach it but theres not much space to worth with thats my problem, and that fing nut wont move, but tx ill keep at it until someons helps me out more

SprchdGS-R

i have to do this all the time because i have broken a couple sc belts. what you have to do is break the pully nut loost first then go up top of the engine bay and use a swivle head, ten mil socket and a long extention, should be able to turn that little bolt loose.

mirrorimg

Is it the upper bracket that you use to adjust the alternator's distance from the block?
Or the lower bracker that the alternator pivots on?

The lower one is a cinch, you just go in from the bottom.

yangstaboi101

Is it the upper bracket that you use to adjust the alternator's distance from the block?
Or the lower bracker that the alternator pivots on?

The lower one is a cinch, you just go in from the bottom.
nvm man i finally got it thanks to u dude if i didnt read ur encouragement i would of probably just of took it to the shop but i tried and i tried and finally got it! but i bought the wrong belt so yeah lol