painting valve cover on

ltrain

any way i can hand paint my valve cover with it on? would that just be dumb? i dont wanna go thru taking it off

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's not hard to take off. You unscrew 16 nuts (and they're all the same size, 10 mm) and pull out your spark plug wires, that's it. You'll need a rachet to get at all the nuts, a wrench won't be able to reach some of them. You'll more than likely be able to reuse the valve cover gasket. You'll very much prefer to have it off to do what you want to do to it. You won't bending over your engine bay, killing your knees and scratching your bumper, and getting paint on other things. Don't be ghetto! :)

ltrain

your right.... dont hate it when u wanna work on your car sooo bad and find a project but your broke as fuck ggrrrrrr i hate that feeling

ltrain

wait a minute i think i can look in the couch cushions and find enuff to finally buy some ci decals :):) thatll be my project of the month ill just take my time putting them on ill peel slooowwwlllyyyy

GSROWNSU

ltrain said:
any way i can hand paint my valve cover with it on? would that just be dumb? i dont wanna go thru taking it off
yea it's not hard to take it off and i can find you a great link to painting your valve cover if you want the guy that has it up did a great job on his.