Spark plug wire help plz!

562Thomas

I have a 1999 B20B from a CRV in my 1991 integra do I order wires for the 1999 crv or 1991 integra because of the distributor any help plz thanks!

asteadydecline

Did you not do the swap? I would assume you'd have the OBD2 B series Dizzy instead of the OBD0, unless you African American rigged it somehow. Get the wires for the b20

562Thomas

Did you not do the swap? I would assume you'd have the OBD2 B series Dizzy instead of the OBD0, unless you African American rigged it somehow. Get the wires for the b20
No I bought it swaped so in order for them to have swaped the b20b in my car they had to of made it obd2 ? Sorry new to swaps im getting it tho little at a time thanks for the help bro! :D

asteadydecline

They could have used the LS dizzy, but it's not likely as it would take some modding to get it on there. Most likely have the OBD2 distributor.

BTW, this isn't from personal experience, just from reading around, so take it with a grain of salt.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Integra wires, get the ones for your car in this case, I believe they would be the exact same actually but just get the ones for a teggy

asteadydecline

Obd/0 b16
obd/0 b18
obd/1 b16/b17/b18c-the same
obd/2 b16/b18c-the same
obd/2 b18/b20-the same
the ls distributor will fit on vtec head with slight modification
To use an ls dizzy you'd have to:

grind off one of the bolt holes for it to fit so there will only be 2 bolts holdin it in

Ok, clarification time. If you just have a B20 swap they most likely stuck with the original obd of the car, they wouldn't have to change it based that motor.
You don't need to trim the LS distributor to go on the B20, that's done if you're putting it on a vtec head.
The B20 uses a P75 head on most of them. Same as an LS, so the distributor bolts in just fine. Even on the P8R head, an LS distributor would work just fine.
Buy your wires based on your car/ OBD set up.

562Thomas

Ok, clarification time. If you just have a B20 swap they most likely stuck with the original obd of the car, they wouldn't have to change it based that motor.
You don't need to trim the LS distributor to go on the B20, that's done if you're putting it on a vtec head.
The B20 uses a P75 head on most of them. Same as an LS, so the distributor bolts in just fine. Even on the P8R head, an LS distributor would work just fine.
Buy your wires based on your car/ OBD set up.
What about spark plugs and gap size ? B20b spark plugs and gap or 1991 plugs and gap? I messed up and bought crv plugs and wires yesterday :roll: I have p8r-8 head.

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
What about spark plugs and gap size ? B20b spark plugs and gap or 1991 plugs and gap? I messed up and bought crv plugs and wires yesterday :roll: I have p8r-8 head.
your gonna buy the plugs that go in that head. so get plugs for a b20. and wires from integra.

Yes. Your car is OBD0. Look under the passenger side carpeting to see what ECU you have and if there is a jumper harness attached in between the ecu and the car wiring harness.

To figure out your distributor look at the connector plugs, round is OBD0, gray square-ish are ODB1 or 2.

562Thomas

Yes. Your car is OBD0. Look under the passenger side carpeting to see what ECU you have and if there is a jumper harness attached in between the ecu and the car wiring harness.

To figure out your distributor look at the connector plugs, round is OBD0, gray square-ish are ODB1 or 2.
ok I took pictures

The plugs are round and the last picture was of the ECU I think i'm going to need to take better pics of the ecu tho...