Water Pump/Timing Belt

TranceSpeeder

Keep It Clean Yo!
where can i buy a water pump/timing belt package & everything? my dealer said it would cost me $800 with labor for the job... was thinking if i get all the stuff my self,, then i can just have them do it for cheaper.

4door_JayDM

Jay-Dee
damn bro 800 that's shit is high ass hell...a water pump is like 40-50 bucks and isn't hard to do at all...not to sure of the price for timing belts though...you need to find another shop...cheap but has a good rep b/c i wouldn't pay that much...good luck...oh yea you can find those parts at any auto parts shop.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
DAMM thats a bit expensive no even close to being a good deal if u live anywere near here id hook u up with te oem parts from the dealership and have an acura certified tech do all the work for u on the side for hella cheap i just got my clutch and my lsd in my car me and my boy did the clutch but my boy richard at acura did the lsd for me he charged me 45 bucks to instal the lsd and reseal the dif casing and i know he did a good job because for oer hes a master tech in acura and he di dit in the dealership so if u were closer id hook u up

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
damn $45 for a lsd install shit thats bangin acuras got the hook up when you movin out here man i need that deal

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
like g3teg said That's really steep. My mechanic does everything timing belt, water pump, all belts, oil change, etc for $350. ...............................same here my mechanic does everything for around 400 800 is a fuking joke

JDMfoo1

i got mine from ebay....a complete kit i think it was timing belt ,water pump, valve cover gaskit, tensioner, water pump gaskit and sum other stuff i think all for 80 bucks.,. its real oem shieeet too ..and learn how to do it urself so everything wont hafta cost 800 it can be onli 80

ltrain

TranceSpeeder said:
where can i buy a water pump/timing belt package & everything? my dealer said it would cost me $800 with labor for the job... was thinking if i get all the stuff my self,, then i can just have them do it for cheaper.[/QUOTEfind out how much the water pump is from them, its probably like 200 something brand new thats y its so high, i got the same quote from a place and it was high due to the price in parts but im gonna have another place do it for 450 both water pump(remanufactured,cheep) and belt

JDMfoo1

ltrain said:
TranceSpeeder said:
where can i buy a water pump/timing belt package & everything? my dealer said it would cost me $800 with labor for the job... was thinking if i get all the stuff my self,, then i can just have them do it for cheaper.[/QUOTEfind out how much the water pump is from them, its probably like 200 something brand new thats y its so high, i got the same quote from a place and it was high due to the price in parts but im gonna have another place do it for 450 both water pump(remanufactured,cheep) and belt
seriously ask sum of ur homies im sure sum1 knows how to do it...i got my whole kit for 80 bux and my boi did it for me for 30...jus find sum1 but make sure they kno what they doin..